Something different

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
IvanTheTerrible
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
cars: Many and varied!
Location: HELL

Something different

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

91 triton Ute and a VR 5L +4L60E
r1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Something different

Post by Holden202T »

doesn't look like theres a lot of room there!
User avatar
IvanTheTerrible
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
cars: Many and varied!
Location: HELL

Re: Something different

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

More room than I expected. Had to panel beat the tranny tunnel a bit but thats it. I'm astounded at the vertical space in the engine bay. I reckon I could almost fit a 6 71 supercharger under the bonnet. :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Something different

Post by Holden202T »

I was actually referring to being able to fit a radiator in there :D
User avatar
IvanTheTerrible
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
cars: Many and varied!
Location: HELL

Re: Something different

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

Holden202T wrote:I was actually referring to being able to fit a radiator in there :D
A standard HQ 4 core almost bolts straight in. It's a little on the small side for the opening. Thermo will have to go on the front though and I did have to fit a short water pump.
Ian
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Something different

Post by Holden202T »

hq parts do come in handy :)

I put a hq water pump on the 304 we were going to put in the missus EH and saves a lot of space!
User avatar
IvanTheTerrible
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
cars: Many and varied!
Location: HELL

Re: Something different

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

Gearbox crossmember completed and fitted. Now pull everything out and do the engine chassis mounts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Something different

Post by Holden202T »

whats the brackets on the outside for, exhaust or something ?
User avatar
IvanTheTerrible
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
cars: Many and varied!
Location: HELL

Re: Something different

Post by IvanTheTerrible »

Those are to bolt to an outrigger on the chassis to stop the crossmember twisting plus it gives me another 4 mount holes.


Ian
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Something different

Post by Holden202T »

nice and solid!