Sorry to dig up an old post, im just thinking out loud here.
Year's ago I brought an 808 and a VR auto pcm. My intention was to remove the chip (cant remember its number) and solder it to the empty spot on the
808 PCB as it looked like it had tracks and ready to go.
Is that possible?
VR Manual ECU wanted
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VR Manual ECU wanted
It should be possible. I have not checked but there may be a couple of resistors or caps that are also not populated. On most '808s there is a resistor under the board that is not populated and will need adding.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VR Manual ECU wanted
If you've still got your kalmaker hardware a good option would be to buy a GQ-4x programmer and an FTDI chipset usb->serial, load 12p on to it and use that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VR Manual ECU wanted
I was wondering if it was possible to use my Kalmaker modified ecu. That's good to know thanks.
I will try and sell my Kalmaker setup with laptop ready to go first.
I will try and sell my Kalmaker setup with laptop ready to go first.