Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

For non EFI mechanical discussion
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I was wondering does anyone have or know where there is a listing of sorts of all the commodore cylinder bore diameter sizes?

Hopefully once I get Festy's program working for programmable knock filter I can easily select what engine to fit it too!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LOL yeah that was what I found too!

I thought someone may have done the hard yards & had a full word doc with various model bore size listings!

EDIT; This was a pretty good page too for older styles!
http://hh.hansenits.com/tech/engines.html

Started a notepad doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by Dazza92VP »

I just use the Acl performance website has all the stroke and bore sizes when your choosing pistons they seem to be pretty close
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by vlad01 »

I use those too, but am annoyed with the earlier models not mentioning the weights of the cars.

my rego says my car is 1200kg, don't think anyone actually knows the real specs?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by Holden202T »

thats what i like about the drags, gemini weighs 1066kg with me in it ready to race hehehe :P
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by VL400 »

Try and find a weigh bridge, they are not going to be as accurate as the track but should be close. My Calais lost 120 kg when it went on a diet of Toyota.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Commodore Engine Cylinder Bore Sizes

Post by vlad01 »

yes there is one near by where I live, but looks like its abandon lol