Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

I have a question regarding wiring?

Heated O2 sensors, do I use the same ECU grounds on the engine for the heater or do I run a new ground for the heater back to the battery?

also what pin on the 808 does the WB O2 use when running 12P III?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by VL400 »

The heater grounds go to the 'noisy' earth point on the block. There are two points, one has the sensitive earth for things like the narrowband O2 and the other for high current stuff- you want this one for the heater earth. Loc F in this diagram https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =32&t=1352 which is on the front engine cover of a V6

The 12P thread has a PDF of all the pinouts or just download the 12P zip and it has a text file of them all too .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

thanks, Ill take a look at it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

A little progress. but slow due to work and other priorities.
IMG_0555_zpsdea47860.jpg
got my manifold from the engineer, been ready for over over 2 months, work got in the way of picking it up. but none the less I got it. Can you see what I got done?
IMG_0561_zps5a765840.jpg
IMG_0562_zps7853d21f.jpg


On other news, have got dibbs on a VN with T5 that is in excellent condition, no need for rebuilding. Its going straight in as is.

Another VP body along with the VN as a deal and that will serve as sheet metal as I need it, doors are perfect so I might just use them and wash off the factory paint with acetone instead of dealing with this 2 pak crap I am currently having to hand sand off before washing the factory paint underneath, which is a massive time consuming task.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vlad01 on Wed May 15, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

it looks like theres a MAT sensor in it that normally isn't there!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah thats where I finally decided on the location, somewhere out of the way, cabling would seamlessly fit in to the rest of the loom and airflow/turbulence for more faster acclimatisation of the sensor to air temp changes. I didn't want to put in where there was dead air.

with the carbon and oil inside you could see where and how the air flowed inside the plenum so that helped me choose this spot.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

this area was full O' bog and crap and what look like dent the size of a grain of rice lol. filed the surface with a large file and it reviled the dent to be only a 10th of a mm or less deep and few mm in diameter.

???? why the 10 tubs of bog?

IMG_0564_zps36cd1c47.jpg

The whole roof got washed tonight with acetone and all the paint is gone now, pics will come later when i have a chance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

cause some people have NFI about fixing panels!
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Dazza92VP »

hasnt got the usual wave in the bonnet that the vn and vp get they might have tried to fill the sink in the panel
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

no this is the roof, the bonnet had 5mm bog over the whole lot, that got scrapped anyway.