I see a VT V6 Ecotec conversion requiring the motor, the ecu and the bcm from the donor car (maybe even the dash to get engine light functionality) and maybe the auto gearbox if not going to manual.
The VT auto is abundant and in my case, its going to a manual car, I have the ecm, bcm and dash. Mechanical issues and speed sensor issues aside, I see the following tasks in terms of the programming for a standard unmodified engine
1. Remove VATS
2. Change AUTO to Manual
Is it possible to have a set of bins derived from the originals but with the VATS removed and posted here or somewhere ?? This would make it a lot easier for newbies like me to get started.
In my case, I have a 2000 VT V6 with duel fuel using bin CNPN3202, the ecm is a 16233396 with CXWB label on the outside. And its going to a manual.
What is the manual bin I could use instead and can the VATS be removed, can anyone post one here. Is there a duel fuel manual bin ??
I know these can be bought from ebay, list members etc, but for such a common requirement when an engine swap is required having bins with VATS removed should allow the engine to start, this would be a great step to get people started and then more involved tunning can begin if required ....
This could also be the place for all the little tricks and tips to do the conversion, like modifying the harness to allow engine start when there is no auto in PARK, etc.
All feed back appreciated