Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

should get better fuel economy just from all the weight in bog removed hehe
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Dazza92VP »

oh righto sorry didnt read it properly
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:should get better fuel economy just from all the weight in bog removed hehe
I recon, many many kg have been shed so far. the boot from the car is temporally on my work car and it doesn't even lift up because of all the extra weight.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

Now I am looking into getting some dollys and hammers to learn some panel beating, want to straighten out a fist sized wobble and gouge from what looks like a tree branch that fell on it. There are some very spesific dollys on the market and so there should be something to suit getting behind the roof frame to fix the dent.

there are what they call spoon dolly which looks perfect for the job. Should also get a panel file so I can check for flatness and shave minor high spots. :D

lead filling is on the cards to fix a dent above the frame on the bonnet as no dolly with ever get in. I have done a little bit of lead filling before, easier than bog imho.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

plotting along. 1st day off in ages, worked something like 16 days straight, long hours too.
IMG_0572_zps38d59ebc.jpg
cleaning out the seam sealer on the new boot lid, all looks great, coming up a treat.

scored this for 65 bucks off ebay.
IMG_0570_zps13c2099f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

others I've seen go the other way round ?

either way good price for that :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:others I've seen go the other way round ?

either way good price for that :)

yes that would be ideal as its too close to the bonnet, so it would have more clearance reversed........but.....

its doesn't fit the other way. AC and the brake MC well and truly hit the bar, almost half a strut top worth of clearance is needed for it to go on backwards.

but I think its pretty good considering it looks to be cr mo tubing and is solid one piece and twice as thick as those cheap nasty whiteline ones I last looked at.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by Holden202T »

that answers that then!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vlad01 »

ok few more updates.

Got the roof all clean of the old paint few weeks ago, just been to dark to take a photo, I did anyway. still a grainy pic though.

Gota love Victoria :lol:
IMG_0578_zps993ad94e.jpg
started on the RR quarter.
IMG_0579_zps54524be4.jpg
the dent that was from a branch or something was quite substantial when I got the car but I have almost pushed it all out using a wooden spoon, but will get a real spoon dolly and maybe few other dollys and a hammer and beat it to final shape, but its pretty close already :thumbup:
IMG_0580_zps9cbbfc25.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)

Post by vs ss »

looking good vlad :thumbup: