DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

thats a lot of skid comps in that turbo taken ages to build up from smoke inhalation LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

new trans is here T350 with good bits inside 1 bolt hole broken and a slight crack in the bellhousing perfect for the price cough free cough cough LOL
IMGP6572_zps7fcaeb49.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

Nice, it seems these are you new favourite transmissions. Getting good at fitting em behind the humble V6.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

hahaha just sick of trying to make T700's shift under high boost LOL.T350 well tested behind the vb engine it handled heaps of 20 minute runs round taupo motorsport park at pace
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

why not run manual?

TKO 600 kits are available for V6 and just about any other engine.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

drag cars and we wear manual parts out pretty quickly LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:drag cars and we wear manual parts out pretty quickly LOL
I guess, but a good proper manual box will last a long time, longer than an auto should.

albins gear set or PPG dog set will outlast all your engines lol.

I have not heard anyone complain about TKO for drag racing, I get the word no one can kill em so I can't see why autos are used.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Holden202T »

because you will get quicker consistant shifts and the auto with the right stall will allow you to get off the line more consistantly than any clutch!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

god, your guys with your boring autos :comp:

Ill stick to manuals thanks. :driving:
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

LOL, the driver of the VB Commodore doesn't know how to use a shift light, in fairly much all of his early runs he hits the limiter at least a couple of times a run :wtf: