Logging Errors In TunerPro

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Logging Errors In TunerPro

Post by commo_carl »

Hey guys,

Ive been using tunerpro rt 5 for a year or so now for data logging/monitoring etc. It used to be fine, however now it connects, but spikes everything every few seconds also generating errors down in the connection bar. I have tried fiddling with a few things suggested but with no success. This is the first time i've used it for a while and since last using when it was working, I have changed to an aem uego wideband gauge which then sends analogue signal to tunerpro. I highly doubt this would be the cause though??

Anyone got any suggestions? really need to do a clean log to send to my tuner and get it slightly tweaked asap.

Thanks!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Tunerpro Getting Started with Logging Guide

Post by Holden202T »

run it with the wideband not powered on or not linked into the ecm to see ?
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Tunerpro Getting Started with Logging Guide

Post by commo_carl »

spiking errors.xdl
12PV111_2bar_Carl.adx
Holden202T wrote:run it with the wideband not powered on or not linked into the ecm to see ?
Alright I have now tried a few different things, none of which worked.
-I removed wideband input to ecm, no change
-I completely removed tunerpro and the ftdi drivers, rebooted then reinstalled, no change
-I tried another obd2 cable I had, no change
-Tried another computer, no change

One thing I did notice is that after I reinstalled drivers, the errors were less frequent, though the graphs were spiking all over the place.

Has anyone got any ideas??? I really need to log for my tuner asap as im running rich in some spots and its shitting me.

I have taken a quick log as an example of what its doing. And also my adx file im using.

Any help would be much appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Tunerpro Getting Started with Logging Guide

Post by antus »

It certainly looks like corrupt data, the question is why. I reckon you have a developed noisy electrical problem on your car, but isolating it to which part of the electrical system is going to be difficult. Tunerpro does not check the CRCs of the incoming data so It doesnt filter out corrupted packets and they looks like the spikes your seeing.

Also, you should probably start your own thread and provide details about the car and interface etc.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Tunerpro Getting Started with Logging Guide

Post by commo_carl »

I was wondering if it could be interference. What a pain to figure out. Thread is opened here:

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =10&t=3023
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Weird spikes and errors in tunerpro

Post by commo_carl »

Basically, Running a VR V6 3.8 turbo with lots of mods and $12p custom tune.

My tuner got me set up with a good adx file that reads wideband input and can also change maps, it worked fine a few months ago when I last needed to log some data. Now I need a slight tweak to my tune and need to send a datalog and im getting spikes and errors every few secs. Nothing on the car has really changed since I last used it which has got my puzzled.

So far i've:

-I removed wideband input to ecm, no change
-I completely removed tunerpro and the ftdi drivers, rebooted then reinstalled, no change
-I tried another obd2 cable I had, no change
-Tried another computer, no change

Antus posted:

It certainly looks like corrupt data, the question is why. I reckon you have a developed noisy electrical problem on your car, but isolating it to which part of the electrical system is going to be difficult. Tunerpro does not check the CRCs of the incoming data so It doesnt filter out corrupted packets and they looks like the spikes your seeing.

have uploaded a log of data and the adx file.

Hope someone can help out, and if it is an electrical problem, how do i find it the easiest and can it be anywhere in the electrical system? or only a sensor connected to ecm?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Logging Errors In TunerPro

Post by VL400 »

Have split it for you so its all kept together.

Are both interfaces you tried the same type? With the engine off there inst much that causes issues (the interior fan maybe). Have seen interference from wiring too close to spark plug leads but that only caused issues when running obviously. Another thing to check is if any work has been done on the car that all the earths have been re-installed.

Can try with the flashtool and do a get bin or get cal. It uses the CRC/checksum antus mentioned, and also being another program can then rule out the ADX being an issue if your still getting errors.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Logging Errors In TunerPro

Post by delcowizzid »

have you tried with the laptop charging mine does weird shit when its not on charge
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Logging Errors In TunerPro

Post by commo_carl »

Thanks man.

Yeah they are the same, that log is taken with the engine off, the interior fan was off. When the reds are on i have the following running:

-1 thermo fan
-5 stepper gauges
-AEM uego wideband gauge
-Gizzmo boost controller
-HKS turbo timer
-Amp (if I have it switched on)

In regards to the earths, can any earth at all in the wiring throughout the car cause a possible problem?

I'm a bit of a noob with all this sorry, so what exactly do you mean with the flashtool?
User avatar
commo_carl
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5
Location: Sydney, NSW

Re: Logging Errors In TunerPro

Post by commo_carl »

delcowizzid wrote:have you tried with the laptop charging mine does weird shit when its not on charge
Haha no I haven't, it didnt matter last time I used it (few months ago) although i will try that delco :thumbup: