Hi All,
Just wondering if any one out there can help. I have recently completed a vt 5lt conversion with matching automatic gearbox into a vl commodore running the factory computer with VATS removed.
I have 2 problems i was hoping someone can help me with
Firstly I"m running AU thermo fans which were wired onto an output from the computer, issue is they pretty much run constantly from start up as I have since found out originally they run from the BCM and this output via the computer is basically a safety type output.
Secondly the power, economy mode for the gearbox I need to find some way to activate the lamp on the dash to correspond with what mode the computer is actually in as again this output is controlled via the BCM.
Are these issues able to be sorted via tweeks to the program in the computer at all??
Thanks In advance for any info/help
vt 5lt conversion help needed
-
goliath57
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:24 am
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: vt 5lt conversion help needed
I believe you have 2 options.
One of these, where you can retain the original fan dual fan configuration and get the dash light operating from the pcm.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =10&t=1305
Or you can wire one fan to the high speed fan circuit on the pcm and program the tune to switch it when you need (rather than assuming there is also a low speed fan), and hook up the dash light to the switch itself.
One of these, where you can retain the original fan dual fan configuration and get the dash light operating from the pcm.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =10&t=1305
Or you can wire one fan to the high speed fan circuit on the pcm and program the tune to switch it when you need (rather than assuming there is also a low speed fan), and hook up the dash light to the switch itself.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396