VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
The1

Re: Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

thought id post an example for you all to analyze lol, tuned this car with enhanced mod v1.2 not yet released. Attached is dyno log and a WOT run in tunerpro. Not sure what's going on with AFR's the innovate MTX-L reads 11.70 but NGK tailpipe meter on dyno reads leaner

Car details:
VT L67 3.5" Pulley "10psi", 5% OD, exhaust & extractors, rebuilt auto with 2200rpm stall, everything else stock.
enhanced 10psi test.jpg
enhanced 10psi test.jpg (180.38 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
Attachments
wotrun.jpg
wotrun.jpg (333.05 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
darcy

Post by darcy »

Great numbers and on a mainline dyno too.

Tailpipe will always read eager in a car with cats, won't it?

That dip in the top looks like classic valve springs going off.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh that's what i put it down to being cats messing with the readings, but you'd think an expensive tailpipe meter would be close.

It's running stock 5900rpm limiter.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Yeah I've heard tailpipe normally reads leaner too and I've seen the same on the Dyno myself, but not that much difference!
Schwuppes
cars: VT Olympic Edition L67 conversion

Post by Schwuppes »

thats my car lol

Needless to say... its been going much harder since The1 has been tuning it... and its been fun and Ive learned a lot too in the process. My mate borrrowed the car recently and he couldnt believe it still had the same engine in it.

Hasn't even got rockers on it yet... I'm sure we would have seen at least 235 - 240rwhp with 1.9x rockers :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice result :thumbup:

Wideband before and after cats will read differently, leaner post cats. How much different is generally how well the cats are working I think. If you log pre and post cats during closed loop you won't see the rich lean swings post cats if they are working OK. This is how the pcm can determine catalyst faults on obd2 cats.
Schwuppes

Post by Schwuppes »

cool.... so does that mean my cats are working well?
The1

Post by The1 »

Schwuppes wrote:cool.... so does that mean my cats are working well?
yep and thanks for sharing and tuning with me, has been good, now your off to get a map a2a kal lol anyway
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

normally there isnt as big a difference as what you've seen but it relies on no exhaust leaks but the time you get to the rear and also having an extension tube that goes right up the tailpipe to prevent any outside air contaminating the reading.
Schwuppes

Post by Schwuppes »

The1 wrote:
Schwuppes wrote:cool.... so does that mean my cats are working well?
yep and thanks for sharing and tuning with me, has been good, now your off to get a map a2a kal lol anyway
yer ive crossed over to the dark side for now lol... main reason is it just makes it easier: drive in, drive out... all tuned and ready to go... dont have to worry about anything.

but yer I'd be willing to give delco another go once I have some more spare cash to get that bigger LS7 MAF etc... then go back to back on the dyno: kalmaker vs delcohacks :D