checksum bypassing

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 pm
cars: 1994 Buick RoadMaster LT1
1972 IH 345 16197427 PCM Project
1990 Chevy 1227747 HighWay Lean Cruise
Location: North Idaho USA

Re: checksum bypassing

Post by EagleMark »

Charlescrown wrote:That's interesting. I was of the impression it had to be changed. With the V8 all I did was change the ignition map a little and the CEL came on so I was advised to change the checksup to 170. Got me wondering why I had to. The car goes a lot better than before by just smooting out the original map which I thought looked pretty sloppy. Thanks will give it a go without changing.
We've never had checksum issues over here in US, but I guess the TunerPro XDF are correct.

The only time I turn it off "AA" is for emulation. Other then that I like to know if I have a corrupt bin = CEL. Pretty much never happens, so I think you have an issue.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: checksum bypassing

Post by VL400 »

Charlescrown wrote:The Bin file is ARBP4435 and $5D XDF. I don't have a version of the $5P.
The $5D XDF handles the checksum ok so you do not need to set the program ID to AA.