Couldnt really find a section for this..
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
sweet thanks mate now i dont have to run out to the car and drop the dash and disconnect the lcd's in it cheers
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
its all good ive got it now was running a version of pony prog that was slightly older now it reads fine
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Hi MAte,
You writing on or off board?
You writing on or off board?
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
off the board desoldered and fitted to my programmer adaptor
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Good Work...Dazza92VP wrote:off the board desoldered and fitted to my programmer adaptor
Thanks
Daniel
-
Vpgts076
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm
- cars: vp gts
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Hi Guys,
I have a weird one.
I have a level 3 HSV VQ trip computer in MPH.
Any ideas how to convert back to KM/HR?
Thanks
Daniel
I have a weird one.
I have a level 3 HSV VQ trip computer in MPH.
Any ideas how to convert back to KM/HR?
Thanks
Daniel
-
jxx
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
- cars: To many
- Location: Vic
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
back on page 26, swap bytes 7&8 20 DF to DF 20 or vise versa to how it looks on your dump.Vpgts076 wrote:Hi Guys,
I have a weird one.
I have a level 3 HSV VQ trip computer in MPH.
Any ideas how to convert back to KM/HR?
Thanks
Daniel
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
So im finally heading down this Level 3 cluster programming path, and I wanted to make an adaptor for plugging into the icsp plug on the programmer so I've drawn up how I interpreted the ones you guys have detailed, I'd just like to run it past the ones in the know to make sure its layed out correctly before I go and etch a PCB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
Ok so there has been some good progress!
I worked out I got the 5-8 terminal side ass about so updated layout is below.
and I got to jaycar and bought some header strips and a ZIF socket .... the 18 pin socket is the smallest they sell at jaycar so I just changed the board layout to accept it.
after some head scratching I worked out that my soldering skills weren't 100%
and that one of the connections while it looked fine wasn't actually right .... mainly cause im soldering the header from the wrong side and it was tight, really should have mounted it before the zif socket .... anyways lesson learnt.... so I used a paper clip and managed to get the read successfully from the eprom!
I think! I just need to put the eprom back in the dash powered up to confirm what I got is whats on the odometer ........... cause I can't remember!
I worked out I got the 5-8 terminal side ass about so updated layout is below.
and I got to jaycar and bought some header strips and a ZIF socket .... the 18 pin socket is the smallest they sell at jaycar so I just changed the board layout to accept it.
after some head scratching I worked out that my soldering skills weren't 100%
I think! I just need to put the eprom back in the dash powered up to confirm what I got is whats on the odometer ........... cause I can't remember!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..
If the checksums are all correct, it's most likely a good read.