Just finished welding in a new turbo gt42 and decided to start over with a bog stock v8 tune in ose12p.
vp 383 stroker with gt4294 turbo, 2 bar map sensor, water to air intercooler,siemens dakka 80lb injectors.
9.5 comp, come racing ttb intake manifold, stock heads, home port job.
couple questions:
wideband ve learn..should I disable this until I get the ve's close?
narrowband ve learn.. should this be disabled too ?
once the ve's are close as I can get, which of the above should be set? wide,narrow..or both for normal driving?
regards flag, useF60 air fuel ratio or stioch. what should this be set to? what is it's purpose.?
my plan of attack will be:
open stock tune, set the kinjflow for 80lb siemens injectors.
set the flag for 2 bar map sensor.
try to start it.
If it starts I will let it warm up and then put it in gear/foot brake it and try to hold a ve cell in the 70kpa range and check if the afr is close to 14.7 if it is close I will leave the kinjflow as is. if it is still very lean for the cell... I suppose I need to alter the kinjflow to remain under 100ve in the 20-100 kpa ve table map? is this correct?
ok, I'll go and do that and see what I've got for a start.
If it doesn't start..ie floods. I will try to divide the cranking pulsewidths by 4 so suit the 80lb injectors? is this correct?
starting from scratch boosted 383
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
I used the kinjflow calculator and for a 383 with 80l injectors using petrol it gave me 0.039kinjflow.
I changed kinjflow to 0.039 and set the 2 bar map flag and it started straight up.
It's running very lean with the kinjflow set at 0.039 with the stock ve table.
heres a picture of the history table with a minute or so of logging in gear foot braking it at 0.039 kinjflow: LEAN.
Here's a picture after changing the kinjflow to 0.055:

Here's a picture trying 0.060 kinjflow:

and here's one with 0.070 kinjflow:
Taking into consideration I have not touched any ve table cells in the stock tune. Just trying to see what sort of VE's numbers I will be working with with varying kinjflow.
I'm supposed to use the calculated 0.039 but my fear is if I try to start tuning the ve tables with this figure.... I will end up well over 100ve in the 20-100kpa table..
What should I do here? which value should I start with in the kinjflow?
I changed kinjflow to 0.039 and set the 2 bar map flag and it started straight up.
It's running very lean with the kinjflow set at 0.039 with the stock ve table.
heres a picture of the history table with a minute or so of logging in gear foot braking it at 0.039 kinjflow: LEAN.
Here's a picture after changing the kinjflow to 0.055:

Here's a picture trying 0.060 kinjflow:

and here's one with 0.070 kinjflow:
Taking into consideration I have not touched any ve table cells in the stock tune. Just trying to see what sort of VE's numbers I will be working with with varying kinjflow.
I'm supposed to use the calculated 0.039 but my fear is if I try to start tuning the ve tables with this figure.... I will end up well over 100ve in the 20-100kpa table..
What should I do here? which value should I start with in the kinjflow?
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
Are you sure the wideband is giving correct readings? i.e. the 0v and 5v AFR settings are right for your WB?
I know 14point7's WBs need those settings changed in a stock 12P bin.
Have you ruled out exhaust leaks before the WB? I had a smallish leak that was causing rather lean AFRs even though the exhaust was so rich it stung my eyes...
I know 14point7's WBs need those settings changed in a stock 12P bin.
Have you ruled out exhaust leaks before the WB? I had a smallish leak that was causing rather lean AFRs even though the exhaust was so rich it stung my eyes...
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
using innovate lmx or whatever it is. it is lean at 0.039 surging, stalling,rough as. I think the wideband readings will be fairly close to being accurate.
scaler:
wideband 0volt=7.3afr
wideband 5volt=22.4afr
as per stock settings in ose12p ?
scaler:
wideband 0volt=7.3afr
wideband 5volt=22.4afr
as per stock settings in ose12p ?
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
I want to try to work on this tune all weekend but not sure what to have the kinjflow as before I go any farther
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
can I just pick 0.06 kinjflow and start tuning adjusting the ve's with that? seems pretty close and shouldn't go over 100ve with that.? fuel pressure may be down a little causing the issue, 20 year old stock regulator.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
I'd suggest going for a slightly richer number, you can always change it later but also a 383 is going to have totally different air flow to a 304 at most load points..... Without ported heads or anything else!!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
also, my 202 with 80 lb injectors suggests .026 kinjflow but I ended up settling on .044 to be the best number for the ve table to be in the right spot, so just go with whatever works!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
I wouldnt wait for cranking flooding before changing the cranking pulsewidths. If your injectors flow 4x what the stock items do multiply those those tables by 0.25.
I would also set the low pulsewidth single/double fire options something like single fire for < 3ms and back to double above 4. They could perhaps be a bit smaller, but theres no point splitting hairs at that end of the scale, the objective is just to stop the pulsewidths getting too small for even delivery, and the engine will get what it needs even if if it goes to single fire mode a fraction earlier than it needs.Map A: Crank - First Stage Crank Base Pulse Width vs Coolant Temp
Map A: Crank - Second Stage Crank Base Pulse Width vs Coolant Temp
Run A/F Param - Minimum BPW for sync double fire fuel delivery (Min Value)
Run A/F Param - Minimum BPW for sync double fire fuel delivery (Upper Value)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: starting from scratch boosted 383
Righto,
I've been mucking around with it the last hour or so and I'm going to go with 0.080.
disabled closed loop,ve learns, and made a start on the ve table. It's a thirsty bastard.... drunk half a tank already.
I've been mucking around with it the last hour or so and I'm going to go with 0.080.
disabled closed loop,ve learns, and made a start on the ve table. It's a thirsty bastard.... drunk half a tank already.