AHHHHHHHHHH WIN !!!
I have just solved the 2 year long battle with LEAN HOT RESTART..... I was just doing a log to post up here to show you lot the lean hot start issue and I found the problem.
It would be 18+ afr on hot restart after a period of 10 minutes heat soaking with engine off. it would remain lean at idle UNTIL i put my foot on the accelarator just enough to get out of closed throttle idle mode which is approx 1000rpm, where the afr's would go back to normal.
take foot off throttle and it would go lean again....this would continue untill I got out on the highway and cruised at a hundred for a while.
It appears the voltage was dropping somehow after a heatsoak to the 11.8 range and I tweeked the "injector bias vs battery voltage" in the 11.2 -12.8 volt range and it went straight back to normal afr's.
Could this be the problem all along? maybe the alternator doesnt work real good at idle when it is heatsoaked?
I suppose I will find out if it is pig rich on a cold start. hmm. I'll cross my fingers.
It's all up and running Just need to do more work on the ve's. Waiting for the missus to get back from town wiith a couple more jerry cans of fuel....
Not sure on the spark maps? this gt42 gets 2bar boost at around 4,000 rpm and it's at 16 degrees in that column?
383needsvework.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.