Vlad's rides thread
-
dbrickz
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm
- cars: Charged vg commo
Second owner vp sleeper
1968 Toyota corona s1 shiftkited v6 burnout rocket cooks ride 2012 e3 r8 clubby - Location: hay nsw
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
how far off till You paint? have 2 or 3 factory remotes from my vp if you want them ill post em to you i was going to chuck em out with the rest of my old gear ..... if your chasing any part i may have that hard to find bit lol if i can help just pm me 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
that nasty dent and gouge above the drivers door? no longer. not bad for a first time panel beater. I put a coat of clear in the video to show the smoothness.
this is about half way there.
then the finished work
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iixMU6qxTw[/youtube]
^ as for parts, do you have matching pair of remotes and Anti theft to going with them?
I have pretty much everything else though. I have a VN and VP for spares
this is about half way there.
then the finished work
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iixMU6qxTw[/youtube]
^ as for parts, do you have matching pair of remotes and Anti theft to going with them?
I have pretty much everything else though. I have a VN and VP for spares
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
dbrickz
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm
- cars: Charged vg commo
Second owner vp sleeper
1968 Toyota corona s1 shiftkited v6 burnout rocket cooks ride 2012 e3 r8 clubby - Location: hay nsw
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
Sure do i have the module and a pair of matching remotes floating around ill have a dig for them this weekend comeing give ya a pm
-
dbrickz
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm
- cars: Charged vg commo
Second owner vp sleeper
1968 Toyota corona s1 shiftkited v6 burnout rocket cooks ride 2012 e3 r8 clubby - Location: hay nsw
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
Also striping the abs junk if you want any of that sort of crap
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
dbrickz wrote:Also striping the abs junk if you want any of that sort of crap
ABS? haha no thanks
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
its been slow, too cold and wet and dark. gota love Victorian winters
anyway been doing some wiring, EFI connection helped me out once again with some terminals that suit the DFI plug, my old wires cracked at the plug.
just need some more red and brown wires to finish this plug, power and tach sig are those colours I am short of.
The new VR I have also been working on, engine coming up nice, some more mechanical bits on that then I will start the electrical side of the manual conversion.
Excuse the shitty pic, thats apple products for ya, 400W light plus a spot light on the engine and still "too dark"
anyway been doing some wiring, EFI connection helped me out once again with some terminals that suit the DFI plug, my old wires cracked at the plug.
just need some more red and brown wires to finish this plug, power and tach sig are those colours I am short of.
The new VR I have also been working on, engine coming up nice, some more mechanical bits on that then I will start the electrical side of the manual conversion.
Excuse the shitty pic, thats apple products for ya, 400W light plus a spot light on the engine and still "too dark"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
loom looks good and the motor is nice and clean!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
FXST02
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 am
- cars: VP V6 Auto sedan
- Location: Perth WA
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
Vlad,vlad01 wrote:its been slow, too cold and wet and dark. gota love Victorian winters![]()
![]()
anyway been doing some wiring, EFI connection helped me out once again with some terminals that suit the DFI plug, my old wires cracked at the plug.
Do you have the stock numbers for the terminals used ?
Is that also a new terminal block for the DFI?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
FXST02 wrote:Vlad,vlad01 wrote:its been slow, too cold and wet and dark. gota love Victorian winters![]()
![]()
anyway been doing some wiring, EFI connection helped me out once again with some terminals that suit the DFI plug, my old wires cracked at the plug.
Do you have the stock numbers for the terminals used ?
Is that also a new terminal block for the DFI?
no the terminal block is reused, I just removed the old terminals and replaced with new.
here are the required terminals for the DFI.
http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnect ... ItemId=514
Also while I am at it, here are the ones for the ECU plugs.
http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnect ... ItemId=297
and yesterday after many days searching i found this too.
http://www.efihardware.com/products/220 ... emale-Grey
Other connector pigtails are standard stuff on EFIconnection's site so now we can make entire new looms
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (full restro)
A little more on Sunday.
found this dent when I blocked the back right panel, so I fixed it.
Had another go at the angle grinder hacked area back/left roof section.
So you remember I did some a little while ago and got it to this stage.
Now its like this.
And like this. The gouges from the grinder are nearly all gone.
I only have some very minor tweaking to do in 3 spots to raise the metal by a fraction of a fraction.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsM3IQ5 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
found this dent when I blocked the back right panel, so I fixed it.
Had another go at the angle grinder hacked area back/left roof section.
So you remember I did some a little while ago and got it to this stage.
Now its like this.
And like this. The gouges from the grinder are nearly all gone.
I only have some very minor tweaking to do in 3 spots to raise the metal by a fraction of a fraction.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsM3IQ5 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.