Hi , does anyone have an XDF to suit VS V8 Auto series 1-2 that has more detail than the current XDF $83 v1.01 on the forum.
Looking for more details especially trans control and TCC lock up tables plus a more comprehensive list of Malf flags and fault codes etc.
Or can anyone add these in to the existing XDF??
I would like to access the TCC area and modify the lock and unlock values for various gears etc.
I also need to either turn off code 21 (TPS high) or be able to access and edit the max value.
Thanks guys.
zspanners.
VS V8 Auto
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
Re: VS VS Auto
Additionally the Fuel cut off RPM and Fuel resume RPM labeling looks slightly confusing in this XDF.
In the XDF $11B v1.03 this is labeled as High RPM fuel cut off low limit and RPM fuel cut off high limit.
Just seems to make more sense to me??
zspanners.
In the XDF $11B v1.03 this is labeled as High RPM fuel cut off low limit and RPM fuel cut off high limit.
Just seems to make more sense to me??
zspanners.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VS VS Auto
I just use the $11 bin and xdf in the VS v8 autos. as long as you turn vats off it works fine.
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
Re: VS VS Auto
Hi Jayme , just checking , is trans control the same between VR and VS.
I thought that I had seen somewhere that they are different and not compatable??
zspanners
I thought that I had seen somewhere that they are different and not compatable??
zspanners
Last edited by zspanners on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto
VR V8 and VS V8 yes v6 no!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
Re: VS V8 Auto
Thanks Holden202T.
All that I have to do now is transpose all of the changes from the custom VS tune to a VR tune base.
zspanners
All that I have to do now is transpose all of the changes from the custom VS tune to a VR tune base.
zspanners
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto
this is where the new instance of TP5 is a nice feature 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
Re: VS V8 Auto
Hmmm !!!!!! problem my trans specialist has just confirmed that there are three different transmissions used in Commodore VR VS and VS series Two V8s.
None of which are able to be swapped.
VR has one less solonoid than VS and VS series one and two have different solonoids to each other.
Apparently they will not function correctly in anything other than the correct vehicle and with the correct programming and can log fault codes as well.
Apparently he sees issues with the wrong modified memcals in the wrong models to suit the trans etc.
The upshot is that each vehicle XDF needs to be defined fully for VR VS and VS series Two V8.
In particular I need a MOD file and XDF for realtime to suit BPYS (1996 VS series one V8)
Zspanners.
None of which are able to be swapped.
VR has one less solonoid than VS and VS series one and two have different solonoids to each other.
Apparently they will not function correctly in anything other than the correct vehicle and with the correct programming and can log fault codes as well.
Apparently he sees issues with the wrong modified memcals in the wrong models to suit the trans etc.
The upshot is that each vehicle XDF needs to be defined fully for VR VS and VS series Two V8.
In particular I need a MOD file and XDF for realtime to suit BPYS (1996 VS series one V8)
Zspanners.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VS V8 Auto
yeah there is an extra TCC lockup PWM solenoid in the VS ones. but I ran a VR memcal in the VS I tunes and it worked fine no faults and still had tcc lockup...
-
zspanners
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
- cars: Zephyr mk 1,2,3
Nissan R33,R34,s13 RB20DET
Commodore VN,VR
Zephyr 6 Cyl with Delco 808
Re: VS V8 Auto
Hmmm conflicting information???.
This is a series one VS and I was looking at running a VR cal.
I will try it and see!
Thank you for the reply Jayme.
This is a series one VS and I was looking at running a VR cal.
I will try it and see!
Thank you for the reply Jayme.