Hi,
I'm after a good VR V8 manual tune, even if its a 185 hsv tune with no vats. I'm just wanting to buy a memcal with the tune already on it so I can put it in my car and drive it. I can't send my memcal to you. Thanks
Wanted VR V8 tune
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
you wont get a HSV tune as i doubt anyone would have a V8 memcal with Knock board.
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
Got a genuine hsv memcal with knockboard
sitting around believe it or not for a vr/vs manual.
Its blank but I can put whatever you want on it
for the right offer.
sitting around believe it or not for a vr/vs manual.
Its blank but I can put whatever you want on it
for the right offer.
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
I've already got a bfpm vr v8 hsv manual memcal but I have a vl calais and no bcm so I need a no vats memcal. I'd like to avoid using the knock sensor also if I can because its not in the block and I'm not sure ill be able to get it in. I was under the impression you could get a decent vr v8 tune that will give you around the same power as a hsv tune without the knock board.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
yeh just use the standard cal and put hsv spark and fuel maps in and few other bits is about it. You can use a V6 or V8 memcal, just need to mod the resistors if it's a v6 one and remove the knock board. Can do one up if i have some memcals around.
-
bck2basic
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am
- cars: VL calais
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
That would be great, how much would it cost? I'd prefer to start with a v8 memcal
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Wanted VR V8 tune
There's no real difference between them (since you aren't using the knock filter), other than the resistors which tell the ECM how many cylinders.bck2basic wrote:That would be great, how much would it cost? I'd prefer to start with a v8 memcal
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am