Checking for Error Codes

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
tox
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 pm
cars: Holden VS and VY

Re: Checking for Error Codes

Post by tox »

Not sure if I'm losing coolant. I check fluids periodically and haven't noticed any drop in the level. However I have been losing a little oil *i think* but I suspected my rocker cover gaskets which I changed between services. I'm doing an oil change today as its service time so I'll be monitoring that.

And I'll log today and go for a drive before I service it. However I'm a little concerned about how safe it is. When I begin logging my fan communication is lost and traction control goes off, not too worried about either of these as the fan stays on and I won't be losing traction. But are there any other ill effects from logging while driving that are not obvious?

Appreciate the help guys, thanks!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Checking for Error Codes

Post by antus »

No thats normal and OK. Its because you loose comms to the BCM and ABS. The car wont overheat and everything will return to normal afterwards.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396