I am looking at trying to write an XDF file for a Hyundai I30 Diesel.
I have downloaded the BIN file from my car and can see many areas where there are obvious maps but don't know how to go about deciphering just what they do.
This is a whole new area for tuning common rail diesel and am sure very interesting.
I do know they have several injector pulses on 1 cycle depending on throttle position and load.
One problem I would like to address is the overkill traction control which to the unwary cause a serious accident but to the educated driver not a problem.
The BIN file is 2048kb but it looks like there is a huge amount of wasted space at the start.
Any help in doing this would be much appreciated.
Hyundai I30 XDF
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
Might help to post the bin file. What tool did you use to read it out?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
Don't know what went wrong but I'l try again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
I was looking into this a little while ago but forgot about it!
Is the PCM like the file I have attached here?
What program did you use to get the dump from?
Is the PCM like the file I have attached here?
What program did you use to get the dump from?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
All I can tell you is the ECU is Bosch EDC16.
I used a program called Galleleio? I think that's how it's spelt. The software came with a USB diagnostic plug to read/write lots of European cars using OBD2 so I just tried a few knowing they are fitted with Bosch and managed to download the bin file.
I used a program called Galleleio? I think that's how it's spelt. The software came with a USB diagnostic plug to read/write lots of European cars using OBD2 so I just tried a few knowing they are fitted with Bosch and managed to download the bin file.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
It looks like my info of PCM may also be edc16 as there was a google cross reference to it but Russian!
In your bin it states EDC16c39, there's a whole heap of null data & less than 1/8th of actual data, does the software have a forum for people that have edited the bins?
What year model is yours the 1 I got info off was late 2007 early 2008!
In your bin it states EDC16c39, there's a whole heap of null data & less than 1/8th of actual data, does the software have a forum for people that have edited the bins?
What year model is yours the 1 I got info off was late 2007 early 2008!
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
Nor sure but that's probably the best place to go if there is one. Will look around and see just what comes up.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Hyundai I30 XDF
2007