Boosted Alfa Romeo PROJECT
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Boosted Alfa Romeo PROJECT
If you are able to time the injection well enough you can shoot the fuel through an open valve and directly in to the cylinder and then you get a better fuel atomisation. Thats something, but its not heaps. I dont know how anyone would be able to measure if that is happening at home if they have changed the stock cam. With after market computers and tunes or with manifolds where the injector is not aligned to squirt directly past the valve the fuel is probably hitting the valve or intake piping anyway so the advantage is lost. Technically its still sequential and in reality it runs just as well so everyones happy. But thats why MPI is fine even in a performance application.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
storm_x
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:37 am
- cars: Alfa
Re: Boosted Alfa Romeo PROJECT
In the next few weeks I'm buying a EFI kit for a Alfa engine witch was running a camira ecu and loom. I had a quick look at the loom but didn't see much, apparently it was tuned on a dyno etc. will post pics once I'm done.
Alfa Romeo built to excite , some dream or driving the ideal. I drive it.