My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Haha yeah I think that was the camera mans son, first outing to the drags for them :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

just put in my order for 3500-4000rpm converter :punk:

suppose I should get serious about finishing this gearbox now hehehe
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by delcowizzid »

haha dropping seconds in no time now :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

I don't know about seconds, but tenths maybe :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

well now that the 4000rpm converter has been ordered and should turn up before too long I thought I should extract the digit and get this tranny back together!

So got some time this arvo to get it all washed up and assembled, was quite an enjoyable job in the end, and hopefully all goes well and it will love it!!
P1110109.JPG
P1110110.JPG
P1110111.JPG
the only thing left is I need to get my hands on an inch pound torque wrench to set the low band then its sump on for good and in the car once the converter arrives!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

i got a warren & brown micro torque wrench. they are about 220 bucks.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

I have a large W&B deflecting beam wrench but I can't justify that for this application, I got a normal ratchet one today 20-220 inch pounds - $50 :) servo is done now :)

have had the word that the converter shipped yesterday so if I am lucky I MIGHT see it tomorrow!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

I use a small one more than a big one, I found the small very useful on the v6 (heaps on them needs the small wrench), some suspension adjustments on my vw and great for doing wheel bearing end float. :thumbup:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

my warren & brown is 20-220 ft lb I think so it covers a good range, and I bought it after my other cheaper one ripped the thread out of the 202 block a while back!

I was also told a method of setting the servo piston without using a torque wrench and it wasn't too far off the torque wrench method so i'm happy with it for that as far as accuracy!

on another note, the converter didn't arrive this week *sigh*
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Well finally got my converter today :D its so small compared to a stocker and looks fast :)
P1110129.JPG
also decided to pull the box out that was in the car and rip the front off it to see what the clutches were like.

bear in mind this box has been freshly rebuilt and my brother said it was going behind a turbo 6, so one would expect atleast one more friction in 3rd .... but no, standard amount and standard friction material! it never stood a chance!

4 passes down the 1/4 mile and the frictions are already scorched pretty bad!
P1110134.JPG
second gear was no different either!
P1110131.JPG
so things can only improve from here
:punk:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.