well from my use of them, if you connect one pair (ie. ground and positive) it will go slow, then apply power to the second set and it speeds up.
and i think you'll find from my memory of the VS wiring diagram one is driven from the BCM and the other from the PCM.
SIII VS V8 Ute thermo fan question
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: SIII VS V8 Ute thermo fan question
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: SIII VS V8 Ute thermo fan question
yeah but thats what I was trying to confirm. you pretty much just said what I though it does.
So I can use the low speed for the AC? or does the AC through the ECU switch the high speed anyway?
So I can use the low speed for the AC? or does the AC through the ECU switch the high speed anyway?
-
cringgle
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 am
- cars: VS V8
Re: SIII VS V8 Ute thermo fan question
On a VS, the low speed is switched on by the BCM for engine cooling and the high speed is switched on by the PCM for the A/C.
The airflow when the fan is on low is still pretty good, but I would run the fan on high because generally the A/C is turned on on hot days.
On my original question I think I will have the original memcal reprogrammed to switch the low speed fan on since the VT roller runs a knock sensor standard.
The airflow when the fan is on low is still pretty good, but I would run the fan on high because generally the A/C is turned on on hot days.
On my original question I think I will have the original memcal reprogrammed to switch the low speed fan on since the VT roller runs a knock sensor standard.
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: SIII VS V8 Ute thermo fan question
I did the AU fan conversion to my ute (VS Series 3) but have the NVRAM, not a memcal. For what it will cost you to get someone to reprogram the memcal you might as well fit an NVRAM and change the settings yourself.
As for the high low speeds, the wiring was already there so I connected one fan up to the main fan connector and the other to the aircond condensor fan. Both plug straight in and just needed the relay fitted to the main fuse block under the bonnet.
Hope this helps.
As for the high low speeds, the wiring was already there so I connected one fan up to the main fan connector and the other to the aircond condensor fan. Both plug straight in and just needed the relay fitted to the main fuse block under the bonnet.
Hope this helps.