WB O2 output
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: WB O2 output
Yea 12p mate. Configured tunerpro in the scalers Set "VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR" set to 7.30 and "VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR" set to 22.40. Same figures LM programer shows.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: WB O2 output
what calc is being used in the ADX ?
another thing I've found aswell, if its a moving target the delco doesn't read as fast as the mtx-l refreshes so it could be behind, however if its a nice costant AFR and its out that another matter.
another thing I've found aswell, if its a moving target the delco doesn't read as fast as the mtx-l refreshes so it could be behind, however if its a nice costant AFR and its out that another matter.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: WB O2 output
How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: WB O2 output
so you would ground at the noisy ECU ground in that case?VL400 wrote:How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: WB O2 output
How do i find out what calc the adx is using?Holden202T wrote:what calc is being used in the ADX ?
another thing I've found aswell, if its a moving target the delco doesn't read as fast as the mtx-l refreshes so it could be behind, however if its a nice costant AFR and its out that another matter.
Im finding it hard to get a constant afr. It fluctuates about .2 - .4 most of the time. Is it supposed to give a nice steady reading?
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: WB O2 output
As its a temporary install I have it powered from the cigy lighter.VL400 wrote:How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
I have read that plenty of people have used the cigy lighter without a problem.
Where is the ecu grounded in a vn v6?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: WB O2 output
2 lugs on the front timing cover of the engine. lower one is high current noisy ground the other one above it (on DFI bracket bolt) is ECU clean ground.vc81 wrote:As its a temporary install I have it powered from the cigy lighter.VL400 wrote:How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
I have read that plenty of people have used the cigy lighter without a problem.
Where is the ecu grounded in a vn v6?
So you should tap in to the lower earth from what I gather for the heater.
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: WB O2 output
So I need to run the earth wire for the mtx-l to one of these bolts on the timing cover? Does it matter where I get the power/positive from?
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: WB O2 output
Ok so I have tried earthing the MTX-L at each earth bolt on the timing cover and the gauge and tunerpro dash are still reading different. I also tried connecting to the earth wire in the standard aldl plug and still they are not reading the same. Tunerpro always reads leaner than the mtx-l gauge by about .4 to .8. I am getting the positive power from the cigy lighter and tried earths at the various points mentioned.
Any ideas why I can't get these readings the same or at least a lot closer?
Any ideas why I can't get these readings the same or at least a lot closer?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: WB O2 output
this is one reason i like the 14point7 kits over the innovate, innovate tie the heater earth and system earth together internally, with the 14point7 kits there both separate, so i cut the earth on the loom for the o2 sensor and bolt to the chassis.