Ah yes, thanks for reminding me about the valley, having only really built up inline 6's it's little things like that which I could overlook.
This is my everyday streeter on any old unleaded so what ever I do I am limited with my own restrictions. If I decide to get serious then I will be raising the compression.
This is in fact my tow car for my project which is on hold while I get this done.
I ran a 14.8@92mph with a so called 195kW Chip from ebay, this is how I bought the car. I am after a low to mid 13 second everyday driver.
I am shopping for 3" mufflers at the moment and will need some bends and build my own
304 Power Curve
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Here is the drive I recorded of mixed, I must take it to redline in 2nd to see how much vac it is pulling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 304 Power Curve
ide turn lean cruise off its commanding 17:1 fuel ratio at cruise and try get the cruise KPA lower i dont know why its so high do you have a stock stall maybe LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
first bit was easy, and yes i do have a stock stalldelcowizzid wrote:ide turn lean cruise off its commanding 17:1 fuel ratio at cruise and try get the cruise KPA lower i dont know why its so high do you have a stock stall maybe LOL

-
jca
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
- cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon
Re: 304 Power Curve
Tuned heaps of 5litres on the Dyno ur restrictions is the std banana manifold even on a stock engine they don't flow over 4500rpm just go flat with ur low comp etc u could try ramping timing up from 4500 up and what a/f r u runing and remember the manifold will heat soak on Dyno effecting mixtures and pwr etc
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Thanks for that, it helps, I will eventually upgrade Compression but maybe not this engine as this is my experiment to build something better.jca wrote:Tuned heaps of 5litres on the Dyno ur restrictions is the std banana manifold even on a stock engine they don't flow over 4500rpm just go flat with ur low comp etc u could try ramping timing up from 4500 up and what a/f r u runing and remember the manifold will heat soak on Dyno effecting mixtures and pwr etc
I have some ideas and getting the general feel with this motor.

-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 304 Power Curve
Sorry to hijack thread
So what are good replacement inlet manifolds over the stock bananas?
I would love to know what cam is in the 5litre I just bought & what the comp ratio is too as it turns over quite slow but not sure if it's comp causing it or the starter polling out!
EDIT: I vaguely remember back in the day my old stroked 5Litre I used a torquer2 single plane but that had carby bolt pattern not injected!
So what are good replacement inlet manifolds over the stock bananas?
I would love to know what cam is in the 5litre I just bought & what the comp ratio is too as it turns over quite slow but not sure if it's comp causing it or the starter polling out!
EDIT: I vaguely remember back in the day my old stroked 5Litre I used a torquer2 single plane but that had carby bolt pattern not injected!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 Power Curve
I've seen really good gains with a torque power dual plane with a 4 barrel throttle body on it! only real issue with it was the heat from the engine into the filter above, I've never seen the results from a c.o.m.e manifold with the TB on the front but it looks the goods!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Grim304
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm
- cars: BMW E34 535i Manual
Chevette Turbo 202 Project
Mazda Familiar
VR SS 304
1973 Suzuki TS100K
Re: 304 Power Curve
Has anyone taken the top off the standard one and ported them, and then added a new box top and larger Throttle Body?
Thats what I would like to try.
Thats what I would like to try.

-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 304 Power Curve
people have tried lots of things .bigger necks welded on and 90mm TB's ,TB straight on the front no elbow,runners cut to above fuel rails and boxed,2 plenums one on each bank,cut the bottom out and shorten runners and weld the bottom back in creating a bigger plenum are and shorter runners,group A style cut and weld jobs.most end up back at the point of bolting on a 4barrel manifold setup.ive seen one in nz with 8 TB trumpet manifold at powercruise went pretty hard until a conrod ended up on the ground LOL.


If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem