DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Helical »

That's where my VS Maloo auto is sitting after a day driving around in traffic. Runs around 12.6 usually.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

my average went down by 0.8L/100km just changing from BP 95 to caltex 95
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:my average went down by 0.8L/100km just changing from BP 95 to caltex 95

yeah BP aint great, its full of dirt most of the time.

problem is there is only BPs around these days. out of all the fuel stations I can get to, only 2 are non BP while the other 10 or what ever the number are all BP.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Dylan »

Have you noticed the BP ultimae 98 the same?
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

i dont run anything but 95 even turboed on the street we only run 95 LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Have you noticed the BP ultimae 98 the same?
I ran that on my car, got way worse economy and lost some power.
I would have to be tuned to take advantage of it I reckon.

95 works best on mine.

However my mate's VY NA v6 does better with 98.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Holden202T »

I've always had good results with bp and particularly 98! Maybe the nz bp is different to here!!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

I don't like BP, I use Caltex 95. My brother is of similar opinion and thinks his cars run better on the Caltex stuff as well. 98 isn't to widely available where 95 is avail at every servo.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

I personally like shell or united. 2 of the hardest servos to find lol. BP outnumber by like 20:1

There was a united servo I used to go to when I lived in Bendigo, went there to fuel up from my trip to SA to pick up the VR and the servo was demolished :(

this is what 3 week old BP 91 looks like. full of silt and smells like varnish
IMG_0748_zpsb1168b00.jpg
its the same red silt shit that causes my fuel pumps to fail quickly, process of elimination of servos I use show its common to all BP servos.

There is one shell near by where I live but they are real exy, about 15 cents per L more than other places.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Jayme »

I know a bloke with a really hot 427 in a monaro... he reckons of all the servos that sell 98, if he fills up at BP it starts surging badly.... worst fuel hes ever used. im starting to hear more and more bad reports of BP.