Vn loom vs ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Danga81
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Vn loom vs ecu

Post by Danga81 »

Gunna go the re-pin route found a vs auto wiring diagram so ill give it a crack.
Trying to do this conversion on a pretty tight budget so I gotta try make it work with the stuff I already have. Thanks for the help guys its definitely sorted some stuff out for me.
Danga81
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Vn loom vs ecu

Post by Danga81 »

No I've changed my mind after having a good look at it I reckon you guys are right about the 808 , so ill get hold of one. How do I go about making it high speed like someone suggested and who would be the man for the job of doing it and putting a good tune on the memcal?
What's the advantage of making it high speed?
Is there any limit to the ppk value that can be set in the ecu? I'm looking at a spedo interface that will only go as low as 2500 ppk.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vn loom vs ecu

Post by Holden202T »

high speed comms allows you to read and write to the computer (provided its fitted with an NVRAM module) so it means useable data logging speeds and the ability to tune while you drive.

VL400 sells the hardware you will need, so shoot him a PM about it, he can also install it if you wish and you would need to send him your ECM, but he'll sort it out with you over PM's.