Haltech tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
9c1vs
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
cars: 9c1 vs 5spd

Haltech tune

Post by 9c1vs »

Hi, i'm new to this forum and I am researching as I am leaning towards getting rid of the haltech sport gm that is currently running my car and putting the delco back in.

My engine is a 355 stroker with small cam. The haltech runs the show fairly well and I have become quite good with haltech's ecu manager as it is quite easy to use.

I wish to go back to the delco as a lot of the features of the haltech i dont use such as all the boost stuff. I also miss out on a couple of features including lean cruise, correct fuel consumption data and knock sensor, which are all things i want back.

My question is if i were to install an nvram chip can i use my current ve numbers and be pretty close? And can i enable the knock sensor using an nvram?

Cheers
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Haltech tune

Post by The1 »

yes you can use a nvram.

If it is VS Series 2 or earlier you will need a V8 knockboard on a memcal to fit onto the nvram. If it newer MAF style then it work with the delco ecu.
9c1vs
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
cars: 9c1 vs 5spd

Re: Haltech tune

Post by 9c1vs »

Ok cool yeah its a series 2. I have a memcal with knockboard. Do i take the emprom out and put the nvram in its place on the memcal?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Haltech tune

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

If you have one of VL400's nvram boards all instructions in PDF, but yeah nvram on top & knock board hangs off back with correct jumpers selected!