First hard line is done.
I bought two 12ft rolls of -6 aluminium hard line for the job, first step was to uncoil them so I drilled a 9.5mm hole through a random block of wood and fed the tube through, straightening it out enough for it to go through the hole a bit at a time then pulled it back through the hole for a second pass.
uncoiling.jpg
The original fuel line was made in two parts with rubber hose joining them - probably for ease of installation - so I did the same.
Here's my first (and second) flare:
1stflare.jpg
And this is the leftover tube from the first roll, that was close! I could have used that extra at the engine bay end, but oh well
leftover.jpg
And another new experience for me today, assembling my first braided AN fitting. It was easier than I expected.
Looks a bit out of place in that engine bay though
fuel_rail.jpg
I think the second line might have to be run at least partially through the cabin, because there's really not much room where it passes the tailshaft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.