post up a log and the bin that was in it for the log and the adx your using and i'll have a look.vc81 wrote:I'm tuning from logs and I feel like I'm chasing my tail. I am doing smooth throttle applications but I still keep getting heaps of spikes on the 3D map. I smooth it then do another log and it is all spikey again. I'm really struggling to move any further forward. Should I have AE & DE and BLM's turned off? I already have lean cruise & closed loop turned off.
Thanks,
vc81
VE Table Help
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VE Table Help
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
Ahh ok. How do I turn off BLM's?vlad01 wrote:yes blm needs to be off, that will be trying to "correct" the afr trims which in turn give you false wb data log.
i don't know about AE or DE though?
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
Will do mate. I'll take another one tomorrow and post it up.Holden202T wrote:post up a log and the bin that was in it for the log and the adx your using and i'll have a look.vc81 wrote:I'm tuning from logs and I feel like I'm chasing my tail. I am doing smooth throttle applications but I still keep getting heaps of spikes on the 3D map. I smooth it then do another log and it is all spikey again. I'm really struggling to move any further forward. Should I have AE & DE and BLM's turned off? I already have lean cruise & closed loop turned off.
Thanks,
vc81
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VE Table Help
There are a few different ways..vc81 wrote:Ahh ok. How do I turn off BLM's?
Can leave closed loop on (so the INT still does its thing) but fix the BLMs to 128 by setting "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128.
Or, turn off closed loop with "Closed Loop Params - Closed Loop minimum coolant temperature"
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
Hi Holden202T here is the log, bin & adx from today's log. Can you please check it out and see if you can tell where I'm going wrong?Holden202T wrote:post up a log and the bin that was in it for the log and the adx your using and i'll have a look.vc81 wrote:I'm tuning from logs and I feel like I'm chasing my tail. I am doing smooth throttle applications but I still keep getting heaps of spikes on the 3D map. I smooth it then do another log and it is all spikey again. I'm really struggling to move any further forward. Should I have AE & DE and BLM's turned off? I already have lean cruise & closed loop turned off.
Thanks,
vc81
Thanks,
vc81
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
Thanks vl400. I have turned off closed loop with "Closed Loop Params - Closed Loop minimum coolant temperature" by setting it to the max. If I playback a log and use the blm histogram it still fills in the cells. Shouldn't it not fill in any cells when playing back a log if the setting is at max temp?VL400 wrote:There are a few different ways..vc81 wrote:Ahh ok. How do I turn off BLM's?
Can leave closed loop on (so the INT still does its thing) but fix the BLMs to 128 by setting "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128.
Or, turn off closed loop with "Closed Loop Params - Closed Loop minimum coolant temperature"
Cheers,
vc81
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VE Table Help
You will need to reset the ECM to erase the existing BLM data, sorry should have mentioned that with the closed loop flag.
Easiest way is to set "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128 which inits the BLM table setting them all to 128 or 0% correction.
Easiest way is to set "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128 which inits the BLM table setting them all to 128 or 0% correction.
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
No worries thanks vl400. I'll reset the ecu today & set them both to 128.VL400 wrote:You will need to reset the ECM to erase the existing BLM data, sorry should have mentioned that with the closed loop flag.
Easiest way is to set "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128 which inits the BLM table setting them all to 128 or 0% correction.
Also after playing back a log & changing the VE table I then go for another drive and do a log. Before I playback this new log should I clear the histogram data tables or is it best to just play back the log so it adds to the old numbers in the histogram?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VE Table Help
Wont need to reset the ECU if your setting the min/max BLM to 128, it resets the BLM table for you 
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: VE Table Help
Sounds good thanks again vl400. So should I be clearing histogram data before playing back a new log?