Help needed Perth WA

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Mikestech0
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 am
cars: UC torana
VX commodore

Help needed Perth WA

Post by Mikestech0 »

Hi Guys
I currently have a VS series 3 Ute engine and gearbox, 5L with get rag box with all wiring and goodies to go into my UC torana.
I'm changing the get rag for a T5 due to the get rag wont fit in the Torana.
I'm expecting to have issues with VATS, Is there anyone in Perth that can remove the VATS for me without breaking the bank hahaha......
The PCM has a service number of 16234531

Any help is much appreciated
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Help needed Perth WA

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 is in perth and can probably help you out.

Also it might be worth looking at converting to a earlier ecm like the 808 because it will be map based (and get rid of the MAF) and will probably be better for tuning in the long run if that's your aim.
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: Help needed Perth WA

Post by Helical »

I can't help with removing of VATS, but I did have a T5 behind my VS Series 3 5.0L running stock PCM and loom just with a bit of a patch loom to suite the different VSS and rev switch terminals.

I started a thread on here asking questions on how to get it working, it may be of help if you haven't already got it all sussed.

The gist of it is, you need to change the VSS input into the PCM to suit the hall effect sensor and change a couple of flags in the bin so the PCM recognises the different input otherwise it will throw CEL and often stall when changing down gears.

Troy