VT V6 VATS Removal

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vc81
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
cars: vn v6

VT V6 VATS Removal

Post by vc81 »

Hi all,

I'm turning off VATS on a standard VT V6 memcal. This will be the only mod done. When I do a compare, the checksum on the original bin is 0F56 and the checksum on the new bin with VATS off is 0F5E.
I think I read somewhere & I can't find it again now that I need to put AA or $AA in the checksum in the new bin?
Is this correct?

Thanks,
vc81
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT V6 VATS Removal

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

No only need to change to AA if the checksum calc isn't working!

I'm not sure that calc is right but assuming you used the correct XDF it should be!
vc81
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
cars: vn v6

Re: VT V6 VATS Removal

Post by vc81 »

So how do I tell if the checksum calc is working correctly?

As it a $A5 revision C bin I used this attached xdf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: VT V6 VATS Removal

Post by VL400 »

The checksum is correct for just a VATS off change. The VATS flag is bit 3 (which is hex 0x08) and your checksum changed by 0x08. Wont need to set the program ID to AA.
vc81
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
cars: vn v6

Re: VT V6 VATS Removal

Post by vc81 »

Sounds good, thanks vl400.