Flexible Output for Boost

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
born-sideways
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 am

Flexible Output for Boost

Post by born-sideways »

Hi,

Please bear with me if the question seems obvious.

When I try to create a flexible table in the flashtool it will only let me enter a maximum value of 104.4 kpa for MAP, how am I able to increase the value to 300 kpa to compensate for boost. I read in a post that it reads consistent to to the map sensor, so if it is a 3 bar map sensor then 100kpa is actually 300kpa. If this is correct to I then just multiply the axis values by 3 for correct reading? Also am I able to add more columns so I can get more desirable boost intervals?

I am using the set up to activate water/meth injection

Cheers
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Flexible Output for Boost

Post by VL400 »

Set the cal to use a 3 bar first. Then open the cal in the flashtool flex editor. If the map a and b settings are not the same it will ask you what sensor to use.

You cannot add more columns, but setting the range to only what you want to cover gives you more resolution. The table is also interpolated between cells, so if you have 20% and then 30% for 200 and 220 kPa respectively, at 210kPa the look-up will give 25.
born-sideways
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 am

Re: Flexible Output for Boost

Post by born-sideways »

Excellent, Thank you for your quick response.