The1's Daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

well engine number starts with VS723 so trying to find out what that is atm, thinking late series I VT?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

the number is starting as VS? shouldn't that be VH?
VY engine number changed to VA but everything below that started with VH as far as I know.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

as far as i know the L67's start with VS, N/A's are VH i havn't been able to find anything anywhere yet giving info about engine numbers.
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: The1's Daily

Post by krusty »

vlad01 wrote:no, actually the VY NA engine got L26 parts. rods and heads with larger valves. I am not sure on the L32? was there a SC VY?

I got one, I measured up the valves and they are bigger than previous models, rods were also the L26 powder metal rods.

We actually got the L26 internals before the states officially introduced them as the series III engine. it was in introduced over there in late 04 early 05. We had them here in 03.

Although we never got the series III block. it appears Holden used L26 internals in series II block. but technically its a series III as the block was the same but internals were the only changes
Isn't the topic of discussion Nigels new L67? Not sure how L32/ 26 got brought into it but whatever lol

About time you got rid of the wheezer Nigel. L67 is where it's at for a great daily imo
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

haha, it's all good info, discussion.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

krusty wrote:
vlad01 wrote:no, actually the VY NA engine got L26 parts. rods and heads with larger valves. I am not sure on the L32? was there a SC VY?

I got one, I measured up the valves and they are bigger than previous models, rods were also the L26 powder metal rods.

We actually got the L26 internals before the states officially introduced them as the series III engine. it was in introduced over there in late 04 early 05. We had them here in 03.

Although we never got the series III block. it appears Holden used L26 internals in series II block. but technically its a series III as the block was the same but internals were the only changes
Isn't the topic of discussion Nigels new L67? Not sure how L32/ 26 got brought into it but whatever lol

About time you got rid of the wheezer Nigel. L67 is where it's at for a great daily imo
its relevant to identifying if its a good model or problematic model.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

anyway, as for the heads and what not. Anyone know much about these?

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/MACE-Aluminium-heads

I see mace nor ZZP sell these anymore but I managed to find a disabled page on Mace's site with the info.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

highly likely for that price the sales were not worth the manufacturing costs.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: The1's Daily

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:anyway, as for the heads and what not. Anyone know much about these?

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/MACE-Aluminium-heads

I see mace nor ZZP sell these anymore but I managed to find a disabled page on Mace's site with the info.
As far as I know, Both (MACE/ZZP) sold out of stock and they are not been manufactured any more (ZZP).

I think as far as flow goes, the alloy heads fully ported weren't much better than fully ported cast iron heads I hear. They did have other advantages but probably not worth the $$$ overall.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I can't see any real benefit other than robustness and weight saving.

They seem cheap for what they are. Hell, I've seen VW beetle heads worth way more than those and they are heavily compromised in the cooling department and can't be used on the street without overheating.

If I was buying these heads, I wouldn't be buying for the performance. I would imagine there would have the cracking issue resolved.