Wiring diagrams and questions
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 am
antus wrote: Good to see! Im not sure what you have been doing with your tune but I believe that the VP engine takes quite a different spark mark compared the S1, so thats worth considering.
yes you will.
VE as well. i went though my logs of VN tune on VP engine and the histogram showed the blm miles off in a lot of areas. i also logged a bit of knock too.
ekdave1962
Posts: 100 Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 am
cars: EK holden running vn v6
Location: Geelong
Post
by ekdave1962 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 am
hmm ok vlad the old vn ones work .. there are heaps of new ones on ebay but not sure of quality ?
thanks Antus no doubt ill be back in a few days ..was running the std 12p tune yoda help me sort out a while ago
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:52 am
pretty much are all china copies. I wouldn't risk it. you cant get new genuine either. Not much choice.
Holden202T
Posts: 10435 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW
Post
by Holden202T » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 am
good to see it was an easy fix!
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi TX Gemini SR20 18psi Datsun 1200 Ute Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B Subaru WRX 2007
Post
by antus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:17 am
i'd probably just keep the injectors you have in it now. if it aint broke....
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:24 am
antus wrote: i'd probably just keep the injectors you have in it now. if it aint broke....
exactly!
Holden202T
Posts: 10435 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW
Post
by Holden202T » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:42 am
yeah me too....
more than likely with a different exhaust you'll want to re-tune it anyways so can do that and it will fix any injector variations at the same time!
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:57 am
Holden202T wrote: yeah me too....
more than likely with a different exhaust you'll want to re-tune it anyways so can do that and it will fix any injector variations at the same time!
yep, but lets not forget the S1 vn had way different cam, different intake runners as well as exhaust.
ekdave1962
Posts: 100 Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 am
cars: EK holden running vn v6
Location: Geelong
Post
by ekdave1962 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:18 am
ok she almost back together running sum what rough .. ill capture some data and ask the experts here what it all means and how to improve the tune
Thanks David
Holden202T
Posts: 10435 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW
Post
by Holden202T » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 am
are you running $12P on it ? if so use the apnx tune that's probably going to be the closest for what you have.