Im getting organised for an upcoming project. It's a VB Commodore with EFI 5 Litre.
Thinking of fitting a BCM from a late model Commodore for features such as remote central locking electric windoes auto down VATS (if key ring could be fitted) etc.
With a matching key head is it as simple as wiring as per holdens diagrams for the desired features?
Ive done efi conversions before but never a BCM into an older car.
Whsts everyone's opinion on the best model BCM? Would a VT model talk to an 808 ecu?
Look forward to any feedback
Using A BCM In A Conversion
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
A VT BCM and 808 wont talk, 12P supports VATS between only a VR or VS BCM.
In a VT the whole ALDL bus changed with the BCM becoming the bus master and a huge (compared to previous models) amount of data flying around. VATS is completely different with the PCM and BCM being linked together (it is not possible to add this to an 808 due to hardware limitations). Could run a VT PCM and loom if you want the VT BCM and VATS.
In a VT the whole ALDL bus changed with the BCM becoming the bus master and a huge (compared to previous models) amount of data flying around. VATS is completely different with the PCM and BCM being linked together (it is not possible to add this to an 808 due to hardware limitations). Could run a VT PCM and loom if you want the VT BCM and VATS.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
Thanks mate I will be sticking with the 808. I think I would go for a VS bcm I like the 2 stage door unlock feature.
I'm assuming this has been done before, I've got the Holden wiring diagrams looks fairly straight forward.
I'm assuming this has been done before, I've got the Holden wiring diagrams looks fairly straight forward.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
yeah I think the majority of the bcm wiring is to go to its features, as far as wiring into a car there is only a handful of wires for that side of it.
I agree about vr/vs being the easier option, has good features but not too complex and that will work with $12P and keep MAP
I agree about vr/vs being the easier option, has good features but not too complex and that will work with $12P and keep MAP
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
Thanks boy's, sounds like I shouldn't run into any major surprises.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
Yeah I fitted a vs bcm in my vk, fitted the key reader onto the column then ground the vk key to fit in the vs keyhead.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
That sounds good. I was wondering what I could do there.
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
Do you happen to have the wiring diagrams for the low/mid BCM's and the high series by chance? I haven't been able to find them.
Troy
Troy
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
I have them for VR series. I have the Holden workshop wiring diagrams book it's huge covers everything.
Something particular you want?
Something particular you want?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Using A BCM In A Conversion
yeah I have one of them too (except my dad stole it) they are awesome! but hard to store hehehe
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread