Hi .
I am currently running a holden trimatic behind my 304 with an 838 ecm manual tune No real issues.
But I want to go VT 4l60e for obvious reasons. Ie I have one.
I also have a complete VS loom (same number of pins in the auto plug as the VT).
Will a VS auto tune run the VT trans.
Ive just spent the afternoon searching various forums and have read some real dodo.
If anyone can help Ide be real happy.
Cheers Nath
VT auto
-
bldnut
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 3:26 am
- cars: VT S/C V8 Clubsport Gas injected
VQ 6L stato Gas injected (un finished project)
VR 5L stato Gas injected
HZ T/Ramed straight gas
EK 202 straight Gas injection run of a v6 delco computer
VP V6 worked with bug catcher (sold)
VH V8 straight gas (sold)
Re: VT auto
yes a VS V8 tune will run a VT auto, I have used a VS 11 V8 tune to run VT 5L auto
-
utevanwgn
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am
- cars: hq ute
hz wgn
Re: VT auto
Cool .
Thanks for the reply. Now all I have to do is figure out how to unzip the bins so I can load onto a eprom.
Ive played fairly successfully with reading and changing my own eproms (vr ) but haven't been able to get much sense out of bins ive found here.
Ill keep trying.
Cheers NATH.
Ps the pcm Ive got is a 424. I hope this omission doesn't change things.
PPS Im trying to keep the map system . Its HHHOOOTTT here today and I keep forgetting stuff (like giving the right info so you good folk can give me the best answers).
Cheers NATH
Thanks for the reply. Now all I have to do is figure out how to unzip the bins so I can load onto a eprom.
Ive played fairly successfully with reading and changing my own eproms (vr ) but haven't been able to get much sense out of bins ive found here.
Ill keep trying.
Cheers NATH.
Ps the pcm Ive got is a 424. I hope this omission doesn't change things.
PPS Im trying to keep the map system . Its HHHOOOTTT here today and I keep forgetting stuff (like giving the right info so you good folk can give me the best answers).
Cheers NATH
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VT auto
424 is vr auto ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
utevanwgn
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am
- cars: hq ute
hz wgn
Re: VT auto
Was it not also used in series 1 and 2 VS V8 autos and had a 13 pins in the trans plug where VR only had 12 ?
Hence my question about it being able to run the early vt trans .
Hence my question about it being able to run the early vt trans .
-
bldnut
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 3:26 am
- cars: VT S/C V8 Clubsport Gas injected
VQ 6L stato Gas injected (un finished project)
VR 5L stato Gas injected
HZ T/Ramed straight gas
EK 202 straight Gas injection run of a v6 delco computer
VP V6 worked with bug catcher (sold)
VH V8 straight gas (sold)
Re: VT auto
if the loom has the correct pins for the auto all is good, the 424 started in the vr autos and was used in the later vs v8 auto, I used a vr v6 auto computer and re wired it to suit a vt 5L auto and re wrote the chip using a vs 11 tune as a base,
pic is what I was replacing in the vt total hack job
pic is what I was replacing in the vt total hack job
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
bldnut
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 3:26 am
- cars: VT S/C V8 Clubsport Gas injected
VQ 6L stato Gas injected (un finished project)
VR 5L stato Gas injected
HZ T/Ramed straight gas
EK 202 straight Gas injection run of a v6 delco computer
VP V6 worked with bug catcher (sold)
VH V8 straight gas (sold)
Re: VT auto
BTW the 424 computer wont talk to the vt dash so there is no temp gauge, check light and oil pressure light
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VT auto
it will very shortly vl400 has changed the $11p code to talk to later dashes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
utevanwgn
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am
- cars: hq ute
hz wgn
Re: VT auto
Hi oldnut , Im assuming you did all this so you could keep the map based system , If so how did it all work out?
CHEERS AND THANKS Nath.
This is going to be used in my HQ ute . No dash problems there. But I will have to fit a electronic spedo.
CHEERS AND THANKS Nath.
This is going to be used in my HQ ute . No dash problems there. But I will have to fit a electronic spedo.
-
bldnut
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 3:26 am
- cars: VT S/C V8 Clubsport Gas injected
VQ 6L stato Gas injected (un finished project)
VR 5L stato Gas injected
HZ T/Ramed straight gas
EK 202 straight Gas injection run of a v6 delco computer
VP V6 worked with bug catcher (sold)
VH V8 straight gas (sold)
Re: VT auto
this was done because the customer had an ebay special twin tb manifold and the airflow meter was removed, some one with no idea fitted up the microtec (complete with crimp terminals) and kept the fact vt 5l auto computer to run the auto and as such it blew the auto up, I fitted this up so it could run map and still control the auto, on the dyno it made 157kw atw but stuff all down low torque due to the manifold, the customer is happy with how it turned out it drives a hell of a lot better than it did with the microtec and starts like factory now