digital dash cluster??

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
Chubs0191
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 am
cars: Fg xr, mk1 capri, hb torana

digital dash cluster??

Post by Chubs0191 »

Just a bit of an idea I've had rolling around for a while, had any one put any thought intro having a digital dash board?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by antus »

I just tested ALDLdroid on a samsung galaxy tab 3 (with x86 processor) and it works fine with 12p.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by antus »

Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of (except, proper mounting in dash) :lol:

Hit the youtube link and pick 720 for higher quality. It turned out the tab 3 didnt have a G sensors, so no joy on the G gauge on the left.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTZORvxlqU[/youtube]
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Chubs0191
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 am
cars: Fg xr, mk1 capri, hb torana

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by Chubs0191 »

yeah that's exactly what I was thinking except as you say proper mounting. I was having a play with an app called torque pro essentially like an 0bd2 tool and I was just trying to think of ways to run it in dash but I hadn't thought of a tablet!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by Dylan »

That seems like a great app, especially being compatible with TP5 ADX and BIN editing.
Also one of the dearer app's but very functional.
User avatar
durahax
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 pm
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by durahax »

I have a OBD2 PCM so the best part for me is Tuning, the fact it loads XDF files is awesome! I have a AVT-855 and going to send the developer an email, would love to see OBD2 ADX support. In case you missed it, AVT-855 is a bluetooth version AVT-855 Info Page.


ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: digital dash cluster??

Post by Jayme »

if it loads adx's maybe itll just work with one of the vpw adx's ive made? my adx's work on serial commands sent to the avt 852 and dont require any plugins.