My Delcoed Rides
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
Don't know how far the speedo is out but is that about 3 seconds from 0-100?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
yeah I think the converter is a tad too big hehehe its custom made and supposed to be 4000rpm, but reckon its more like 5000rpm!
the fuel pressure is using this sensor http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pressure-tra ... 3cce8836d1 its then fed into VL400's data logger on one of the analog inputs, and its on one of the free spots on my rising rate regulator.
the speedo is supposed to read 150km at the end of the run, and it takes me 7.4 seconds to get to that speed, so 100kms would have to be around the 3-4 second mark.
its funny I get to 150kms over the 1/8th, then in the second half of a quarter mile I only get another 50kms more on there! definitely shows how 1/10th at the start can make up 2/10th at the end!
the fuel pressure is using this sensor http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pressure-tra ... 3cce8836d1 its then fed into VL400's data logger on one of the analog inputs, and its on one of the free spots on my rising rate regulator.
the speedo is supposed to read 150km at the end of the run, and it takes me 7.4 seconds to get to that speed, so 100kms would have to be around the 3-4 second mark.
its funny I get to 150kms over the 1/8th, then in the second half of a quarter mile I only get another 50kms more on there! definitely shows how 1/10th at the start can make up 2/10th at the end!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
Looks like your car is hitting a limit and maxing by 1/8th mile. What diff ratio? maybe stall convertor is still slipping. Shame you can't measure input and output speed of the convertor to find out whats still happening at that speed. I supposed you could calculate it. I looked up the sensor, looks nice. What is VL400's data logger? Might have to PM him and get a price. I have always had concerns of fuel pressure drop and high RPM.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
I've still got another gear in my box that I don't use over the 1/8th! diff ratio is 3.08 ... im sure its too much but I haven't had a decent run over the 1/4 yet to see if it needs changing!
this is the logger http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ata+logger
this is the logger http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ata+logger
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
I thought you said it gets to 150 @ 1/8th mile then 155 @ 1/4 mile. Yea working out gear ratios can be daunting as it's not easy to change on a BW diff. I think that's what you have. I put a 3.89 in my car and it works out pretty good. I did think maybe 3.08 but due to the fact it's a 4 cyl turbo but went for 3.89 from a Nissan Pintara. I need to get back out and give it a go since I put the Delco on but still need to finish the tuning.
It would be nice to see what your car would run using the next gear and maxing the revs through the traps at 1/4 mile.
It would be nice to see what your car would run using the next gear and maxing the revs through the traps at 1/4 mile.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
last time i ran the 1/4 it was 199.7kph over the line!
i want to run with the current setup over the 1/4 to see what revs i cross the line with then i'll decide what ratio to change to! i have 4.11's here and can easily get 3.45's so one way or the other it will be fine!
and yeah i have BW diff in the gemini.
i want to run with the current setup over the 1/4 to see what revs i cross the line with then i'll decide what ratio to change to! i have 4.11's here and can easily get 3.45's so one way or the other it will be fine!
and yeah i have BW diff in the gemini.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
That's 124mph. That's not to be sneezed at. Very quick car. From my knowledge most std HP cars only get around the 100mph mark.
I suppose the best bet is to be almost maxed out at the end. 4.11 might be too low and not take advantage of the turbo.s torque curve.
I suppose the best bet is to be almost maxed out at the end. 4.11 might be too low and not take advantage of the turbo.s torque curve.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
yeah I know its got a good time in it once I can get everything to work properly 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
a5h
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:54 pm
- cars: 80 series landcruiser
304 vh sle
Re: My Delcoed Rides
That was me in the vh commo. Finally caught up on this thread.
Ash
Ash
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: My Delcoed Rides
took it to the Ringwood park hillclimb today, had some great fun till I wore the left rear down to the canvas and lost it 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfk6zR7xy3k[/youtube]
I went out knowing there was a "small patch" of canvas showing and I probably shouldn't have had that last run, but I "figured" it wouldn't wear that fast, guess I misjudged my right foot he he ...
only minor damage so no biggie! otherwise awesome day, brothers car loved it, and everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfk6zR7xy3k[/youtube]
I went out knowing there was a "small patch" of canvas showing and I probably shouldn't have had that last run, but I "figured" it wouldn't wear that fast, guess I misjudged my right foot he he ...
only minor damage so no biggie! otherwise awesome day, brothers car loved it, and everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread