DefCon 21 - Adventures in Automotive Networks and Control

jay woo
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am

DefCon 21 - Adventures in Automotive Networks and Control

Post by jay woo »

This is the best video I have seen on hacking automotive ECU's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70hIu9lcYo

The documents and the source code. It may provide some help with fords in Australia.
http://blog.ioactive.com/2013/08/car-ha ... ntent.html
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DefCon 21 - Adventures in Automotive Networks and Contro

Post by vlad01 »

That was great. Things make a whole lot more sense to me now after watching that.
KerchumA222
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:15 pm
cars: 2002 Pontiac Firebird
3800 Series II V6
(Turbo in the nearish future)
Location: Struthers, OH, U.S.A

Re: DefCon 21 - Adventures in Automotive Networks and Contro

Post by KerchumA222 »

That is some super cool stuff! :punk: I wonder if they ever realized they could have just used the CarDAQ unit to do all of those things. Could have saved them lots of time they spent building the Python wrappers for the other hardware's API.