Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Well doing some testing last night and got now where. I'm using a VL400's NVRAM Board and a USB comms. I can get the Flash tool 1.13 to communicate but not either Turner Pro or Antusprom to the ecu. I can run Antusprom in test mode and works but when connected to the ecu get the following message continues until I stop the program.

Reading 0x8000
Sending 0xF45802800032
sent 6 bytes
Read 74 bytes
fail, retry

I can't even get Turner Pro to connect directly to data log.

Am I doing some wrong or do I have an hardware issue?

Jason
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by Holden202T »

are you using tunerpro 4 or 5 .... i never really had much luck with v4 but v5 seems to work ok for datalogging once the connect command is setup right.

either that or scanner pro should work fine and most of the adx's on here are for scanner pro.
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Tuner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Hi Tunerpro V5 but still I'm not having any success with Antusprom either. I could be missing a step but just not sure what. I'm using $12P the adx file in the zip folder.

I've tried both with and with out the 10k Ohm resistor hook across the diagnostic pin to ground. I've noticed in the forum there is talk about 2 modes in $12 Is the required link still 10k and what is the second mode?

I'll have a crack at scannerpro see if I can get that to work.

Jason
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by antus »

antusprom adds a software echo for compatability with tp4. this means you need to check the rs232 echo setting when using tp via antusprom. Are you using an FTDI brand usb/serial adapter? The internal timings are set up for that. Compatibility should be better with the version integrated in the flash tool. You do not need the 10k resistor on the diagnostic port with $12p
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

But the problem is Antusprom isn't running correctly before I even start TunerPro 5.
On the screen says after the command "C:\antusprom COM5 COM7 COM9" is given.

Serial port COM5 opened
ECU com port opened
ECU com port init OK

Copying current ROM to RAM

Reading 0x8000
Sending 0xF45802800032
sent 6 bytes
Read 74 bytes
fail, retry

over and over again

I tried Scanner pro it said it was connected but the gauges and figures were jumping around everywhere. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Not sure if is problem but using a modified Camira Wiring loom No pin changes have been done at the ecu yet, only bench testing at the moment.

The USB is from VL400.

Cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by Holden202T »

just out of interest can you get scanner pro to work directly to the usb com port ? (i think you'll need to change the echo setting in the $12P adx to suit usb) ...

just see if you can get that working as a starting point .... also you should be able to use the flashtool to connect to the ecm ?
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

that was scannerpro directly to the ecu as antusprom isn't working yet. I tried both echo on and off and resistor in and out now I know resistor isn't required with $12P. The rpm max out TPS stayed on zero every other gauge was all over the place. Both temp all read -40. I don't know the history of this ecu so I'm wondering if I have a dud. Don't have a car to test it on. And Yes the flash tool work with no problems it's just everything else.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by Holden202T »

well if the flashtool is working ok then your comms must be ok .... not sure why scanner pro is being funky though ....

maybe VL400 can shed some more light ?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by antus »

is vats disabled? the "are you there bcm?" messages can really confuse software that doesnt expect it. I did have results like that due to not having vats disabled at one stage.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vn5000
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
cars: vn v8 commodore
Location: GOLD COAST QLD

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by vn5000 »

You could also be using the wrong version of antusprom.I use the two wire version on rs232 modded 808 with tunerpro5 and all works fine , but i think from memory if i use the one wire version i get similar to what your getting .Sounds like antusprom cant connect to ecu. :comp: