Need Some Help
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Need Some Help
if the hsv iss security uses the data bus along with bcm and ecu and your trying to log/tune on the factory aldl plug it may cause issues
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Need Some Help
Do you have other gear from VL400 to try and do away with the ostrich? I have his NVRAM and vehichle interface.
But not on VR manual ecu and no HSV security system.
But is a VR HSV.
But not on VR manual ecu and no HSV security system.
But is a VR HSV.
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Need Some Help
Nv ram may be another option for sure but ive never tried it on
these type of hsvs only vr manual 304.
I dont have one currently but might order one soon.
these type of hsvs only vr manual 304.
I dont have one currently but might order one soon.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Need Some Help
Plenty of people are using 12P on VR/VS HSVs with no issue of logging or RT tuning causing limp mode etc so its a little strange. I have logged a few with no problems. If it works with the '808 and USB board then it might be bus chatter or electrical interference on the ALDL bus. Have a listen to the ALDL bus using the flashtool at key on (start listening and then turn the key on) to see what is happening, there should be a couple of frames for VATS and then not much else - if there is more chatter it could be the ISS on the bus, although if its the same system in VN/VP it wont be using ALDL. http://www.cruisecontrols.com.au/prod-hsv.html
I havnt looked at the v110 bin, but if you have not done so yet a flex output can be used to control the rev lockout solenoid of the T56.
I havnt looked at the v110 bin, but if you have not done so yet a flex output can be used to control the rev lockout solenoid of the T56.
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Need Some Help
Thanks for the reply, its a really rare thing,ive tuned plenty of hsvs
and no problem but this is the 3rd time ive come across this.
Could be the emulator too.
Its very frustrating.
Ill have look at that next time if it happens again.
I think he has gone to another tuner anyway.
Hope they sought it out.
and no problem but this is the 3rd time ive come across this.
Could be the emulator too.
Its very frustrating.
Ill have look at that next time if it happens again.
I think he has gone to another tuner anyway.
Hope they sought it out.
-
uali1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am
- cars: 1996 Vs Gts
Re: Need Some Help
Thanks guys for giving me your second opinions. sorry for the late reply, got engaged over the past week so been busy with that
I understand now why I have been having problems getting my car tuned with “v8-tuning” who said my original capa tune would have blown the motor in his exact words, so I payed him the full amount of $700 for a safe tune as I did not have a intercooler yet. After the safe tune and before fitting the intercooler the head gasket blew costing me a further $600, possibly caused by knock sensor being turned off. I gave the car back to him to have some touch up work done and as you have seen in the posted chip there were many errors. The result was a horrible driving car. He said he felt like giving up and mentioned going to another tuner.
The car is now tuned by someone else, same compression ratio same computer, and the car is running like a dream, no issues from idle to redline really happy with the tune now, the car feels so good I haven't driven anything like that in months.
From v8-tuning’s own words in this thread he had “barely started on it and haven’t done a lot of things as pointed out” also he “thought it may have been corrupted”. I would like to request a full refund for the money ive paid, as I would also hold you accountable for my head gasket blowing.
I am also very unhappy to learn that my HSV cars security had been disabled in the posted chip, meaning my car could have been stolen.
I understand now why I have been having problems getting my car tuned with “v8-tuning” who said my original capa tune would have blown the motor in his exact words, so I payed him the full amount of $700 for a safe tune as I did not have a intercooler yet. After the safe tune and before fitting the intercooler the head gasket blew costing me a further $600, possibly caused by knock sensor being turned off. I gave the car back to him to have some touch up work done and as you have seen in the posted chip there were many errors. The result was a horrible driving car. He said he felt like giving up and mentioned going to another tuner.
The car is now tuned by someone else, same compression ratio same computer, and the car is running like a dream, no issues from idle to redline really happy with the tune now, the car feels so good I haven't driven anything like that in months.
From v8-tuning’s own words in this thread he had “barely started on it and haven’t done a lot of things as pointed out” also he “thought it may have been corrupted”. I would like to request a full refund for the money ive paid, as I would also hold you accountable for my head gasket blowing.
I am also very unhappy to learn that my HSV cars security had been disabled in the posted chip, meaning my car could have been stolen.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Need Some Help
good to hear that you are up and running! was the tuner someone off this forum? should be wheel spinningly fun to drive at the moment!
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Need Some Help
I was up front and honest with this guy.
Yeah my hardware had problems ,the prev v110 tune did not have the knock sensor turned off as you stated.
The amount of time spent trying to help this guy out and this is what I get.
In the end I had enough trying to make it work and gave up and told him to go to another tuner.
He blew a head gasket because his so called mechanic set the base timing at 16 deg not me.
Funny how when I pulled it back the pinging stopped also the engine had very high comp around 10:1
Why try blame me for a car that wasn't set up right,you blew the head gasket because you drove it hard
when you were told not too. Came back intercooled blowing steam,so he was told to fix it
and come back,next time I had issues as posted. Spent a lot of hours and I didn't charge anything for all
the extra time and advice as I wasn't happy with the tune that's when I checked the timing and pulled it right back to 9-10ish.
If it wasn't for my advice you would have grenaded your new engine like you did with the capa tune-your words not mine.
Im sorry if I couldn't tune it,it was not my fault and ive been as honest as possible.
Anti theft was disabled as I tried all sorts of things to to tune with the real time gear.
I prob could have sorted it but since he posted on here and suddenly got an attitude I gave up
Glad its sorted anyway but I don't appreciate you badmouthing after I really tried everything to help you out!
Yeah my hardware had problems ,the prev v110 tune did not have the knock sensor turned off as you stated.
The amount of time spent trying to help this guy out and this is what I get.
In the end I had enough trying to make it work and gave up and told him to go to another tuner.
He blew a head gasket because his so called mechanic set the base timing at 16 deg not me.
Funny how when I pulled it back the pinging stopped also the engine had very high comp around 10:1
Why try blame me for a car that wasn't set up right,you blew the head gasket because you drove it hard
when you were told not too. Came back intercooled blowing steam,so he was told to fix it
and come back,next time I had issues as posted. Spent a lot of hours and I didn't charge anything for all
the extra time and advice as I wasn't happy with the tune that's when I checked the timing and pulled it right back to 9-10ish.
If it wasn't for my advice you would have grenaded your new engine like you did with the capa tune-your words not mine.
Im sorry if I couldn't tune it,it was not my fault and ive been as honest as possible.
Anti theft was disabled as I tried all sorts of things to to tune with the real time gear.
I prob could have sorted it but since he posted on here and suddenly got an attitude I gave up
Glad its sorted anyway but I don't appreciate you badmouthing after I really tried everything to help you out!
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: Need Some Help
Also I have tuned a few cars since with no issues go figure! 