12P Conversion
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: 12P Conversion
From memory the blue ones are probably 0280 150 775 and the cream ones are probably 0280 150 706 magna injectors.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
That actually sounds very familiar. Think they are the same flow but 775 must be a replacement, supersede.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
The VN Group A ran the 706 cream tops. Then the VS stroker ran the 775 blue top.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
I copied over the 2 tables from the DB bin today worked well.
But now found another problem!
When im connected in real time I get data error displayed in tuner pro.
It is a VK Commodore with 355 Holden V8. Fitted with a VR manual ecu and NVRAM.
I have wired in a diagnostic plug from a VR Commodore. I have the 12 Volt wired to battery feed, diagnostic and data wured to ecu, and I moved the earth wire to various points thinking there is induced noise. All is ok but when engine is running it flashes data error in red then connected in blue non stop between the 2 state's.
With engine off its solid blue connected. This same combo of laptop, usb interface and usb lead works fine on MY VR Commodore.
It just occurred to me to try my ECU and NVRAM in the VK. I run a modified 808 not the 082 like my mate if it makes a difference.
But now found another problem!
When im connected in real time I get data error displayed in tuner pro.
It is a VK Commodore with 355 Holden V8. Fitted with a VR manual ecu and NVRAM.
I have wired in a diagnostic plug from a VR Commodore. I have the 12 Volt wired to battery feed, diagnostic and data wured to ecu, and I moved the earth wire to various points thinking there is induced noise. All is ok but when engine is running it flashes data error in red then connected in blue non stop between the 2 state's.
With engine off its solid blue connected. This same combo of laptop, usb interface and usb lead works fine on MY VR Commodore.
It just occurred to me to try my ECU and NVRAM in the VK. I run a modified 808 not the 082 like my mate if it makes a difference.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
Also I have a wideband to wire in to tbe VK but im getting mixed info on earthing on my searches.
It's from 14point7.com it has signal ground and heater ground.
It's from 14point7.com it has signal ground and heater ground.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: 12P Conversion
I would try the converted 808 as that will eliminate a fair bit of possible electrical interference. But to try and fix the problem confirm the spark plug leads are spiral wound, plugs are resistor type, no wiring is touching or too close to ign leads or the dizzy and the earth connections are solid and clean.Dylan wrote:I copied over the 2 tables from the DB bin today worked well.
But now found another problem!
When im connected in real time I get data error displayed in tuner pro.
It is a VK Commodore with 355 Holden V8. Fitted with a VR manual ecu and NVRAM.
I have wired in a diagnostic plug from a VR Commodore. I have the 12 Volt wired to battery feed, diagnostic and data wured to ecu, and I moved the earth wire to various points thinking there is induced noise. All is ok but when engine is running it flashes data error in red then connected in blue non stop between the 2 state's.
With engine off its solid blue connected. This same combo of laptop, usb interface and usb lead works fine on MY VR Commodore.
It just occurred to me to try my ECU and NVRAM in the VK. I run a modified 808 not the 082 like my mate if it makes a difference.
You can earth the power/heater ground to the ECU noisy ground where the heavy switching currents are. On early diagrams its not marked with a letter but it is Loc F here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1352 and on the engine block. Or just find a nice solid connection.Dylan wrote:Also I have a wideband to wire in to tbe VK but im getting mixed info on earthing on my searches.
It's from 14point7.com it has signal ground and heater ground.
Loc E is where you can connect the signal ground which is important to prevent any reading offsets, to save wiring to the engine bay pin D6 on a 808 as it *shouldnt* be carrying any significant current for voltage drop.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 12P Conversion
Dylan wrote:Also I have a wideband to wire in to tbe VK but im getting mixed info on earthing on my searches.
It's from 14point7.com it has signal ground and heater ground.
I put my electronics ground to the ECU sensor grounds, and the heater ground to the general higher current ground.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
I had the signal ground connected with D6. And the heater ground to A12.VL400 wrote: You can earth the power/heater ground to the ECU noisy ground where the heavy switching currents are. On early diagrams its not marked with a letter but it is Loc F here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1352 and on the engine block. Or just find a nice solid connection.
Loc E is where you can connect the signal ground which is important to prevent any reading offsets, to save wiring to the engine bay pin D6 on a 808 as it *shouldnt* be carrying any significant current for voltage drop.
Sounds like it's best to leave the signal as is and put tbe heater to it's own ground.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 12P Conversion
I have had a win with the data error. I re installed tuner pro as there was two updates after my version. Same with the OSE plug in.
On first connection it was good straight up. Get the odd red data error flash up (maybe once a minute) Then with the wide band connected I get error 25 displayed in the window next to the blue connected spot. It also says 9.5hz. But I will re do the heater earth.
On first connection it was good straight up. Get the odd red data error flash up (maybe once a minute) Then with the wide band connected I get error 25 displayed in the window next to the blue connected spot. It also says 9.5hz. But I will re do the heater earth.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: 12P Conversion
Good idea also to have a suppression capacitor from coil positive directly to engine metal. One end of the coil secondary winding is connected to coil positive and so the spark current needs a path to get back there. If you don't provide a short direct path via the capacitor it will find its way back via the wiring loom, and on the way it will try to disturb anything connected.