VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
shane1
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by shane1 »

The maf is a good one . It seems happy to read higher, just the g/s won't go with it . The fuel cut is actually 200 rpm higher than the commanded if you set it to 5700 it cuts at 5900 , set to 5800 it cuts at 6000 set it at 6000 it runs rough at 6000 and cuts at 6200 . That is a hard cut I'm talking about. A lot of things like the soft hard cut rpm , canister purge , throttle follower etc are not yet defined in VT like they are in other xdfs, not a big issue just means everything is not quite as it seems. I've had this thing on the dyno all day and haven't achieved a thing. I'm thinking a 4.5 inch pipe or a arm clamp at 10400hz may be the only way to fix it. The supercharger runs its own belt .
shane1
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by shane1 »

All the logs run the g/s past the 256 limit but the engine runs rough from that point exactly . It's not that the arm won't read it it's something it the conversion of the afm hz to g/s calculation in the ecu where it does not like It.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by antus »

see if you can get a log with the right adx. that'll help. if your seeing 256g/s and your not using the right xdf, and its scaled by a factor of 2, could you really be hitting the 512g/s limit? I dont know. I know thats a lot of air..... I dont think so because I think the hz is right in your log... but not sure...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by delcowizzid »

ide allmost be looking at the ignition module its tied into the injector power feed line maybe the load when on boost is loading it up.what plug gaps you running.maf power is shared with purge solinoid ac relay and o2 sensor heaters
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Jayme »

nah its not the adx... I can see the correct reading if I open it with the stock adx and change the calculation as the1 said. so if the1 says they read fine up way past what you have seen, then perhaps your PCM is on the fritz? have you got a spare one to try? the circuit that reads the hz off the airflow meter could be damaged? either that or the V8 code has got a bug in it that the v6 code does not have? the1, have you got a bench and tested the v8 code reading at high hz?
shane1
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by shane1 »

I'm more concerned that the bin isn't correct for the extended g/s tables I assume there must be a modified calculation in the bin somewhere yet if I check my bin with a std bin there doesn't seem to be any hidden hex mods? I'll check the module tommorrow , I did wonder that but have run std modules to 16 psi without to much drama previously. Might just power the arm up separately to test it .changed plugs no difference even opened the gaps up to check spark strength .
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by delcowizzid »

Jayme wrote:nah its not the adx... I can see the correct reading if I open it with the stock adx and change the calculation as the1 said. so if the1 says they read fine up way past what you have seen, then perhaps your PCM is on the fritz? have you got a spare one to try? the circuit that reads the hz off the airflow meter could be damaged? either that or the V8 code has got a bug in it that the v6 code does not have? the1, have you got a bench and tested the v8 code reading at high hz?
yeah bench test pic here
Image
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Jayme »

was that v8 pcm or v6 pcm ?
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by delcowizzid »

what injectors is it running you havnt run out of injection time at that rpm have you doesnt a v8 at 6000rpm only have 10ms to deliver fuel
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Jayme »

nah duty cycle 87% in the log