Will really suck if I go through all 65535 with out success because I have an error somewhere
Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
Ahhhh, no luck, was hopin though lol, program has tried about 400 keys, only 65135 left to try LMAO.
Will really suck if I go through all 65535 with out success because I have an error somewhere
Will really suck if I go through all 65535 with out success because I have an error somewhere
-
sabercatpuck
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:03 pm
- cars: 1999 Saturn SL1
2003 Monte Carlo
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
Ahh the waiting game, I love that one, it's fun. even after I set the delay for 11 seconds after getting a 36 response, I would still occationally get 37's, that is why I set a trap to retry them (If it hit a 37 I would subtract 1 from the counter so when it incrimented the counter later it would re-try the failed 37) .
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
I am writing to a text file in hopes of trapping errors.
Does seem to crash every few hours (freezes) but at least I know where it left off and can view any errors,
I am currently rewriting to trap on 34 35 36 37 NoData and anything else
34 Succes
35 continue
36 wait 10 seconds
37 wait 10 seconds subtract 1 then continue
No Data Stop
anything else Stop
Does seem to crash every few hours (freezes) but at least I know where it left off and can view any errors,
I am currently rewriting to trap on 34 35 36 37 NoData and anything else
34 Succes
35 continue
36 wait 10 seconds
37 wait 10 seconds subtract 1 then continue
No Data Stop
anything else Stop
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
The 10sec wait game gets boring pretty fast
The OBD-I flash PCMs we have in Oz don't have this so can get through all possibilities in around 3 hours.
The latest PCMs are using rolling seeds so cant use the normal brute force method.
The latest PCMs are using rolling seeds so cant use the normal brute force method.
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
I have come across a rolling Seed/Key in GM yet but guess they are out there.
Well I sstarted at FFFE am now at CE93 lol
A ways to go yet.
Well I sstarted at FFFE am now at CE93 lol
A ways to go yet.
-
sabercatpuck
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:03 pm
- cars: 1999 Saturn SL1
2003 Monte Carlo
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
I am thinking I may remove the seed key thing altogether on mine, if nothing else it would probably open up at least a little space to put something else in
Although since one of the big wish list items from the Saturn guy's is to be able to put in a manual tranny and still have cruise control. I was thinking about adding a error for a diff pin malfunction since the VSS is very nearby (you can inspect the dif pin through the VSS hole) I was wondering if I could detect a loose diff pin as an anomolous reading on the VSS. But that is for another day and another thread 
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
Well I have figured out why my app freezes every few hours, using a textbox, and it has a limit of 65535 bytes, need to use rich text box.
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
C96C lol
def need to optimize code, right now it pauses 10 seconds each try, I am still working on it pausing only after 2 tries then looping.
def need to optimize code, right now it pauses 10 seconds each try, I am still working on it pausing only after 2 tries then looping.
-
sabercatpuck
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:03 pm
- cars: 1999 Saturn SL1
2003 Monte Carlo
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
Might try adding the traps, after a 33 (though I doubt you are getting any of them using a program to run it) just re-try the last number. If it was a 35, incriment and try the next one right away, If it was a 36, incriment and wait 10 seconds, and if it was a 37, wait 10 seconds and try the same number again. (woops, I forgot you are working backwards, in your case decrimnet not incriment)
-
planethax
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 am
Re: Looking for Info on OBD2 GM 60*V6's
LMAO well after a few days, seems my key wasn't found.
Hmmmm, Well I did mess with it a few times, better try again.
NOPE, no key.
Finally finished coding for the Traps of 33/35/34/36/37 etc, and realized I had an extra whit space I was not accounting for lol,
Everything got trapped in the Wrong key section, DOOH!!!!!
Ok, well I think I have it sorted now, also running faster as only waiting 10 seconds after a 36.
Also, having it dump current info like key tried, time running and the list of keys tried into a text file,
so if there is a crash (have had 2 after 9 hours of running) progress will not be lost, the most that will be lost is maybe a dozen or so keys tried.
Once I have it find my key and test it, I will upload program here for anyone who wants it.
Hmmmm, Well I did mess with it a few times, better try again.
NOPE, no key.
Finally finished coding for the Traps of 33/35/34/36/37 etc, and realized I had an extra whit space I was not accounting for lol,
Everything got trapped in the Wrong key section, DOOH!!!!!
Ok, well I think I have it sorted now, also running faster as only waiting 10 seconds after a 36.
Also, having it dump current info like key tried, time running and the list of keys tried into a text file,
so if there is a crash (have had 2 after 9 hours of running) progress will not be lost, the most that will be lost is maybe a dozen or so keys tried.
Once I have it find my key and test it, I will upload program here for anyone who wants it.