Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Yep that is the one.

Recent review on another option .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3542

I am using a gq4x and have had no problems with it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

cool thanks!

will look at buying one. That means I can do a final EERPOM once the tuning is all done as well.

on another matter.

what are these things? there is one at each corner of the windscreen. The car does have a security system of some sort installed, are these part of it and would it be ok to remove and disconnect those things what every they are? They look stupid sitting in the corner held there by a hair tie thingo.
IMG_1178_zpsfc147460.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Ultrasonic sensors for the alarm.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

so what do they do exactly? sense movement? I thought they might of been noise generators to make it unbearable staying in the car.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by antus »

Noise generators yes but they generate and recieve ultrasonic sound, which reflects off the angles of the windows etc so when there is movement inside the car the sound is affected and the alarm goes off. Being ultrasonic you just cant hear it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

So I guess I should leave them in there?
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Helical »

Off the Mongoose alarms website

"Ultrasonic sensors fill the interior of your vehicle with inaudible ultra-high frequency sound waves. Any disturbance will cause the alarm system to trigger.
Only suitable for hard top and fully enclosed vehicles."
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

new windscreen installed today. :thumbup:

called windscreen city in Bendigo in the morning, had new screen dropped in on side for $245. Pretty damn good service considering their shop is few towns over at 65Km away.

btw, I broke the mirror off and just going to install my unused reupholstered VN-VP roof lining and older style mirror. seriously, the mirror just came off will little pressure, broke the microscopic tabs clean off. When I go to bump my head on it, it would of broken off anyway. I happens often to me so the later style would not have lasted lol.
IMG_1179_zpsed2bf4ee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

Helical wrote:Off the Mongoose alarms website

"Ultrasonic sensors fill the interior of your vehicle with inaudible ultra-high frequency sound waves. Any disturbance will cause the alarm system to trigger.
Only suitable for hard top and fully enclosed vehicles."
yeah its a mongoose alarm, says right on the module.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

those little critters are why I used to drive past cars in my Torana and set alarms off :D

deep exhaust note and it dumped under the car at the road, made it pretty bassey :D