VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by kojab »

Without a doubt the worst racing? manifold I have had to deal with. At one particular RPM range we could not overcome a lean spot The only thing good one could say about it is "It looks nice"
shane1
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by shane1 »

I agree we fitted one (at customers request) to a mild 5.0 and it lost 20rwkw against the std manifold.
We have done a lot with the harrop manifold and 1000cfm throttle bodys on big rpm stuff and they are pretty sweet, but as i said the come manifold is pretty easy to work with and isnt super bad in boosted application and a damn side cheaper than an original group A :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by vlad01 »

I heard similar issues with their ecotec twin TB manifold.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Dylan »

Any of you guys delt with the motec twin throttle first hand?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Holden202T »

I understand all the things your saying, but how much worst is inlet temps with the carby style setup as apposed to the inlet from the air box area ?

that's the only let down I reckon of my mates motor, it has torque power dual plane low rise and 750 cfm crd throttle body, was nice to work with but got so much hotter inlet air temps
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VT 355 supercharged AFM issue

Post by Jayme »

thats why you need one of them big air dams like the old v8 supercars used to have haha