Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Thanks. I know I ask a lot of questions, but things are starting to get clearer. :)
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Okay, another question...

Ran the car this afternoon and uploaded the bin that holden202t kindly straightened out for me yesterday. One thing I noticed is that the spark advance jumps around somewhat. Now, I have already matched the idle advance table to the 800rpm section of my main spark table. Is this normal or have I missed something. I guess what I'm asking is should it be steady or is some movement okay.

Btw this was with s/c off.

Thanks.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Dylan »

A few degree each way is normal its another way it controls the idle speed.
How many steps is the iac commanding?
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Iac steps reads 30, I know the guide says lower, but I haven't got around to doing the adjustment yet. Only had abot 1/2 hour after work before it got dark. (This car lives outside).
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by antus »

As stated, jumping around at idle is normal. 20 to 30 iac steps is fine. Sounds good so far.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Dylan »

Are you running a wideband? Whats your target AFR at idle?
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Wideband should arrive tomorrow for installation on Saturday morning. Target afr was 9.2 from memory, but coolant temp was already 80c odd. Normally this car idles between 790 and 810 rpm when fully warmed up. It didn't quite get that far.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

I have been also wondering if there would be a way to implement some sort of basic traction/launch control into the system. The car is primarily used at Dirt events and I am loosing quite a bit of time off the line. I've been thinking that there might be a way of using the map B function of the 808 and a momentary switch on the steering wheel to engage map B with a lower rev limit. I know the rev limit on these is fuel cut based, but i was thinking there might be a way to use one of the flex outputs. any hints? This may also be a stupid idea and should be dropped altogether. I would be interested to hear your thoughts though.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

RDSC seems to work great as launch control, the harder I launched, the less power and more doughy the car was, I turned it off lol.

So basically it pulls timing more aggressively, the more abrupt changes in RPM are.

When I was playing with this on my VP, definitely felt like a sort of traction/launch control. Tip in/out bump spark is also part of this feature, you can play with the setting I guess and see if you can make it work for your needs.

I think the tip in/out bump spark uses TPS values? not sure.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

What about "Map B: Rev Limit - Below Upper Threshold To Start Ignition Retard" and "Map B: Rev Limit - Soft Touch Rev-Limit Advance Reduction". What would be a good place to start as far as retarding the timing? it would be great is it shot flames out of the exhaust :D

There is no RPM based way to cut sprk that I am missing?