Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

little update.
IMG_1182_zps492754d7.jpg
IMG_1183_zps8f4eba1c.jpg
pain in the ass getting that in there lol. Tight fit, but its fits :lol:
IMG_1185_zps97bd8a7f.jpg
receive mt stack of sensor brackets, got one pair test mounter with the optical sensor and cable on my pedal cluster, what I designed entirely in CAD of data sheets and measurements, is 100% perfect without ever doing a prototype first. haha laughing now!
IMG_1187_zpsd5cdd3d5.jpg
Now I just need to get some suitable cap screws tomorrow and finish this pedal cluster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by ejukated »

what did you use to coat the pcb?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

Selly's urethane bond.

it cures as a clear rubbery coating. excellent glue! Self levels and is moisture curing.

any fibrous/porous material, wood, fabric, cardboard, fiberglass etc... glues like no tomorrow.

you know that coating on the knock filter? yes its almost like that.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

Also ordered the EPROM programer, so I hopefully reprogram the NVRAM.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »



Fits like a glove! you can hear it clicking away if you turn up the sound.

IMG_1190_zpsb3267c1d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by ejukated »

looks great, might have to get a setup off you when I get the calais back on the road.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I do have a couple of these.

on other news, my T5 is ready! will be picking it up tomorrow morning. We shall have a running car by the end of the weekend :D
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

looks pretty flash :)

gotta be keen for the running car!! long time coming!!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Very neat indeed :thumbup:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

pedals are in, column is in, clutch cable in, gearbox in, battery on charge!

just to install the tail shaft, top up the gearbox oil and get some fuel to see if it lives