its alive! lol my phone mic didn't like it haha.
Ahhh? original air filter?
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
notice how much its shakes without the balance shaft? 
on a serious note, its does this weird gentle wobble diagonally across the engine at idle without it. you can physically see it but its not a vibration, just a wavy wobble kind of movement which you can't even feel holding the engine let alone in the car. It actually feels smoother in the car from what I gather.
once the revs increase, totally smooth. like butter.
well boys, toss those balance shaft in the corner and use them when you lost your hammer lol
on a serious note, its does this weird gentle wobble diagonally across the engine at idle without it. you can physically see it but its not a vibration, just a wavy wobble kind of movement which you can't even feel holding the engine let alone in the car. It actually feels smoother in the car from what I gather.
once the revs increase, totally smooth. like butter.
well boys, toss those balance shaft in the corner and use them when you lost your hammer lol
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
no shaft and cam upgrade they smooth as silk even [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvgIqMmPms[/youtube]
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I found the same with my brothers motor, with the cam it wont idle much below 850, and that's fine for removing the balance shaft vibration 
you gotta be happy its alive!
you gotta be happy its alive!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
once I let every thing settle in and drove it around a bit, that wobble went away, now its just that random jiggle every now and then they make when a cylinder misfires.
looks to be as smooth if not smoother than before
I had something weird happen to the clutch, found it was partially engaged even fully depressed. couldn't get into gear.
I started it in gear with clutch in, car started to go forward
so I stopped it, checked the clutch by rolling the car with the pedal in, while in gear. Rolled freely so seemed the clutch works?
tried again same problem, so I rolled it again but reverse while in 1st, after that it was all good. I think the clutch plates must of binded to the splines when I installed the box and pushing the plate against the flywheel, reversing the car while in 1st must of freed it of the splines. been driving it around, works great.
looks to be as smooth if not smoother than before
I had something weird happen to the clutch, found it was partially engaged even fully depressed. couldn't get into gear.
I started it in gear with clutch in, car started to go forward
so I stopped it, checked the clutch by rolling the car with the pedal in, while in gear. Rolled freely so seemed the clutch works?
tried again same problem, so I rolled it again but reverse while in 1st, after that it was all good. I think the clutch plates must of binded to the splines when I installed the box and pushing the plate against the flywheel, reversing the car while in 1st must of freed it of the splines. been driving it around, works great.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
going to inject glue into my steering wheel grip, its come loose after i broke up all the soon to be loose bits. Now I know most use super glue, but I never get good results with super glue as it soaks in to the foam making the foam feel crusty and the grip break loose after some time.
I am thinking TAC adhesive's 205 brush contact. Its the best auto upholstery contact glue I ever used, but will is dry inside the wheel? any other suggestions?
I am thinking TAC adhesive's 205 brush contact. Its the best auto upholstery contact glue I ever used, but will is dry inside the wheel? any other suggestions?
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I've ever used the tac stuff but as long as its anaerobic it shouldn't have a problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
it isn't, none of the good glues are that I have used.
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I'm not to sure what else you can use as super glue loctite stuff also has a habit of dissolving certain plastics and foams could try a inject a PVC glue and leave for a week or two should stay sort of soft but have a grip on it
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I am thinking of the contact adhesive, its should dry eventually as vinyl is porous to to some chemicals, foam is not problem, it is the vinyl on the wheel that will slow the solvent drying out of it.
Urethane glue would be great, but that cures by moisture, so it wont work in this case. I am thinking I get one of my stuffed steering wheels and break the grip on the non sun damaged area where the vinyl is still 100% solid, then try a test with the contact glue.
A test of a sun damaged area will be invalid as the cracked vinyl will let it dry without an issue.
The VR's wheel is completely untouched by sun, just the grip has come loose.
Urethane glue would be great, but that cures by moisture, so it wont work in this case. I am thinking I get one of my stuffed steering wheels and break the grip on the non sun damaged area where the vinyl is still 100% solid, then try a test with the contact glue.
A test of a sun damaged area will be invalid as the cracked vinyl will let it dry without an issue.
The VR's wheel is completely untouched by sun, just the grip has come loose.