vn v6 turbocharger choice
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: vn v6 turbocharger choice
I don't think anyone can seriously deny the capability in an xr6t 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: vn v6 turbocharger choice
I love local engineering , have worked for all the car companies and am shattered that they'll all be gone soon. I wish they could stay and keep going more than anyone, especially my Holden's I love them ! These are the golden years, think back 10 years ago if someone said I've got a holden or ford with over 300kw, drive it every day with aircon etc etc
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: vn v6 turbocharger choice
yeah they've definitely progressed a lot!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vn304turbo
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm
- cars: Vn exec wagon factory v8
Re: vn v6 turbocharger choice
A mate of mine had a ba with genuine 330rwkw on 17psi daily driven, built gearbox with a bigger stall and engine rebuily to bf spec (just what he said to me, dont know the difference myself) he now has the fg on just under 300rwkw using the same turbo I now have. I also went to a local metal shop and picked up some buttweld elbows and some lenths of straight pipe. They had no 40mm bends so I just went stuff it and got the 50 mil..
2 x 50mm ID bends
4x 32mm ID bends
1 meter 32mm ID pipe
1 meter 50mm ID pipe
Price 75 bucks aus
Think that will see me through. I know the 40mm was recommended but im hoping this will work fine all the same
2 x 50mm ID bends
4x 32mm ID bends
1 meter 32mm ID pipe
1 meter 50mm ID pipe
Price 75 bucks aus
Think that will see me through. I know the 40mm was recommended but im hoping this will work fine all the same
-
vn304turbo
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm
- cars: Vn exec wagon factory v8
Re: vn v6 turbocharger choice
So I had a look on ebay for some exhaust manifold flanges, but could only find 10mm so coz im a penny pincher and willing to spend time doing things that most wont I dedided to go buy a meter length of 75x12mm mild flat bar. After I got home and actually measured a gasket against it I realised 65mm would have been spot on BUT I also found out that I can use the 75mm for the t3 flange so works out better with the 75.. made a start on the flange today, as you can see im not exactly doing it the easy way but hey it works and kept me occupied this arvo ; )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.